SAU Community

Turbo's For 26/30

handyandy

Hi guys, my 26/30 will be finished getting built soon.

It's got a forged bottom end and will be in my r33gtst.

Stock r33 gtr turbo's will be on for the run-in and final tune due to finances, but am now saving for a decent set.

They will run 14psi and wont see the track

I have searched and came up with 2560's int gate.

My thinking for this is that i want more power than the stock ones can give me reliably and i only have the rears to get trackion.

So what do you guys recomend?

It's a street car first with occasional track use.

I'd also like to keep them a direct bolt on :(

Thanks Simon.

2530's/Garrett equivs would be my pick for a 26/30.

Blistering response due to the added capacity.

Be aware though, its going to take a very sensible & skilled driver to pilot it.

RWD and big power dont generally mix well with all people, ive seen it end in tears and hospitals many times over the years.

So its either those, or just get steel wheels in the stockers.

But IMO you want a little big of later delivery as with the 26/30 its going to feel like a V8 it'll have that much down low on stock/smaller turbos so it'll turn tyres in a blink of an eye.

But the offset is the larger ones will net you much larger power, but it will still turn tyres as it comes onto boost i reckon... so more of a danger trap!

And the above, is why i stuck with 2.6ltr/gt-ss personally :(

Stock r33 gtr turbo's will be on for the run-in and final tune due to finances, but am now saving for a decent set.

My thinking for this is that i want more power than the stock ones can give me reliably and i only have the rears to get trackion.

I'd also like to keep them a direct bolt on :)

Thanks Simon.

My RB26/30 is long overdue to be completed so should have it back soon. I'll be using the twin Garrett 2860 (-5 model). Hopefully I'll be able to give you some results. I am hoping it should make a great response car for street/track and make about 500 flywheel horsepower without too much stress.

My RB26/30 is long overdue to be completed so should have it back soon. I'll be using the twin Garrett 2860 (-5 model). Hopefully I'll be able to give you some results. I am hoping it should make a great response car for street/track and make about 500 flywheel horsepower without too much stress.

Ye, the car in question was a 2.6ltr with those turbos (IIRC) and it was frying the tyres with absolute ease and great response.

So the smaller ones i have will be just that little bit more furious again, which im actually looking forward too coming from a GT30/270rwkw setup that came on around 4k vs this new one which will be a LOT earlier so it will be a challenge and a driving expirience im looking forward too having come from V8's years ago :)

Thanks for the replys.

I think i'll stick with the stockers for now. With some steel wheels.

Down the track i'll end up putting the engine into a gtr most likely a 32, and then slapping on some bigger turbos.

At the same time do some head work, and cams :nyaanyaa:

Should be some fun in a rwd though !!

Cheers Simon.

I'd also like to keep them a direct bolt on :nyaanyaa:

Thanks Simon.

T04Z

Yeah, melb sux in that way.

The engine will look stock and i'm going to try to keep it that way for as long as possible.

With the stock turbos on i'm aiming for around 240rwkw.

once the steel wheels are on ill push it more.

With only rwd huge kw's isnt going to get me far. Torque should be good :P

When the engine eventually goes into a gtr the bigger turbo's will be sourced.

Simon

Edited by handyandy

I've got some R34 std turbo's for sale for $750. They'll be a nice upgrade from ur 33 turbo's, as the ones i've got are only 30k old and were on a stock car, also the R34's are ball bearing. I've also got a pair of new R34 N1's that came off a NUR that i was going to put on my 26/30, but im now thinking about some GT-RS's, ill let the N1's go for ~$3200.

P.S shamless plug i know, but just showing simon some options :P

I'd be thinking GT-RS's (or garret 2871R) would be pretty well suited to a 26/30, would give the same effect as 2860's on a 26 only more power obviously. Pretty much the same price for the garret items so something to keep in mind...

Based on what, says stockers wont work good?

IMO, they would work brilliantly... keeping them to around 10psi as you dont need as much boost to make the power being that is less restriction with capacity.

It would be on boost very early and feel much like a V8 with delivery early. You cant say instant torque is a bad thing.

IMO - Very interesting to see how it does perform on the stockers i think, and im interested in the results of it.

I thought about GT-SS on a 26/30 for a while, just couldnt justify the cost of going 3ltr, or the hassle of fitment among other things.