SAU Community

Q45 Differences

i have just found out that theres two types of q45 afm one will measure upto 400bhp and the other beyond that what i'm trying to find out is exactly how they differ inside is it a chip for reading the voltage and outputting it to the ecu or is it just a simple case of changing a few resistors to up it's capacitity.

cheers for any help help guys

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually this is partly down to me ;)

My q45 has u00 p60 in the serial number (same as pommeys) and maxes out (5.1v on the pfc) at 3/4 throttle around 70mph/3000rpm.

Thats running a 3037pro s on an RB25, unmapped and a guesstimated 300bhp at the wheels.

A friend has a Q45 with u01 p61 in the serial number and has no such problems with his 336bhp at the hubs.

I have both a u00 p60 and a u00 p61.

Apart from the obvious fact that the later is from a later model car and newer the other difference is the plugs are slightly different.

If the car is untuned then is the AFM selected as the 90mm in the Power FC options even?

Makes it easier to start if it is ;)...PFC was set up for the Q45 and 740cc injectors.

The pfc was mapped at one point (long story and a crap tuner) and they had mentioned turning off the afm warning as it kept retarding.

I'll find out what the numbers on mine are to compare. Someone send me whatever the OTHER numbered one is, i'll wire it in and we'll have definitive proof.

And I want to run 20psi not 15psi like it is right now :P

I couldnt get over half a bar of boost (8psi) without it maxxing :P

I've checked, double checked and rechecked all the wiring and PFC settings and everything was plumbed in as it should be.

Unforunately im not in a position to swap AFM's around on my car as its sat in a garage with the engine in a dozen pieces awaiting a 4th rebuild (some "tuners" should be shot) but it would be nice to have an answer to this for when she goes back on the road.

22680 61u00 a36-000 p60 - This is what I have on mine

22680 61u01 a36-000 p61 - This is the other one on a friends car

Edited by Gambit

Hmm, I had heard about adjusting the voltage table for it on the PFC commander but everyone I asked over here just kinda stared at me lol

Bl4cK32, I dont suppose you could post up what you adjusted yours from/to ?

running out of load points is tunable

maxing the afm at 5.1v is not

if you are running out of load points (ie: it drops to row 20) then its tuneable and fixable with datalogit or power excel or fc pro

if you are maxing the afm at 5.1v some time early (like 3 grand etc) then something is horribly wrong. the afm is shagged, wrong unit, its dirty, bad earth or something? for those that have this problem at idle what voltage do you see? what version of powerfc? (ETC, VERSION)

if you give it a few revs at idle does it return to the same voltage each time?

the numbers in the voltage ramp which are visible in datalogit, fc pro and power excel only control how it is placed on the load map, that is it wont control when it hits 5.1v but more determine where certain voltages hit the load axis.

the numbers under SETTING, AIRFLOW control correction for load map placement, thse shift the final load axis up or down once it is calculated. again it wont affect voltage readings

for curious sake the FC runs in this order

1) read AFM voltage (in volts, 0.00 to 5.10v)

2) look at SETTING, AIRFLOW (work out what AFM is selected) - (normal, powerintake, vg30, vh41 etc)

3) select "airflow" value from airflow ramp table for the corresponding AFM (this is a load number, ie: 5533 is an airflow "load" number)

4) apply AIRFLOW correction (from SETTING, AIRFLOW, NEXT) - (this is in % for AFM voltage scales, there are 8 of them i think)

5) with the final answer from #4 select INJ and IGN from maps where LOAD = P and RPM axis = RPM

I was maxing out the q45 with my 3lt at only 200rwkw. (ran out of load points)

I had to get hold of the datalogit and increase the resolution of the afm to be able to tune it properly.

Its a common problem.

Doesnt a z32 have enough resolution for 300rwkws?

:S