SAU Community

Car Running Hot!

shredder667

car in question is an r32 gtr. this used to happen occasionally but at the moment (i've been driving it quite frequently) its constant. without the ac on i can feel hot air coming thru the vents and at my feet as well. temp gauge is a tiny bit above half way. is that normal or is that running pretty hot? not sure what it could be. car had a full fluid and filter service just a couple weeks ago. any clues? cheers guys. oh also, last night the speedo needle was shaking heaps.

press the recirculate button when a/c is off. fixed.

are you going off the stock temp gauge or one with deg? if so, what temp does it get up to?

anyone know what the safe temp range is ? mine sits anywhere from 80-95 depending on driving

Speedo needle shaking? mine jumps around when sitting at 100-110kmh

yeah its just annoying cuz it didn't used to do that. thought in some crazy way it had something to do with the heat. i'm going of the stock gauge so i'm guessing it may not be so accurate anymore. and yeah, heat problem fixed. can't believe how dumb that was.

If you get hot air when you have the vent open to outside its probably the heater core tap getting stuck open. Mine used to blow hot air at me when i was on the freeway and id stand on it for a few seconds. Probably the increase in water flow thru the core pushing the tap open...

a bouncing or shaking speedo needle is a really strong sign that your speedo cable needs replacing. that cable also controls the steering to some extent. worth replacing it before it dies

a bouncing or shaking speedo needle is a really strong sign that your speedo cable needs replacing. that cable also controls the steering to some extent. worth replacing it before it dies

Not necessarily true. Before my speedo cable let go, it was working perfectly, no shaking or bouncing, it died suddenly.

And I got it fixed, got an aftermarket one installed profesionaly and now the sucker is bouncing like crazy.

Oh well.

Not necessarily true. Before my speedo cable let go, it was working perfectly, no shaking or bouncing, it died suddenly.

And I got it fixed, got an aftermarket one installed profesionaly and now the sucker is bouncing like crazy.

Oh well.

have you had it looked at? maybe ask the blokes that fitted it for you why the needle is bouncing.

i have known of 4 32gtrs a 32gtst and a 180 that all had bouncing needles (my gtr included) and they all turned out to be worn speedo cables. i replaced my cable myself with a genuine new cable from nissan. works perfectly with both speedos that ive had in my car.

im not saying that the speedo cable IS the fault, just a very good chance it is :)