SAU Community

Powerfc 'cammed' Lumpy Idle

letemlaf

I thought i would give this a go for a bit of fun when i go to my gf's house with a whole pack of v8's that live over the road.

Im a little unsure on what to do...

Steps 1, 2 and 3 i can do (is it saying i should hear lumpy idle now?)

Where it says to turn the car off and dial back the crank angle sensor, is that listed under 'cranking'?

I think the rest is pretty straight forward after that.

Cheers

1. Turn car ON

2. SETTING, IGN/INJ

3. Press DOWN 1 time

If you observe lumpy idle then note the number ie: -1 If you don't observe lumpy idle, press DOWN again. Keep repeating until you get lumpy idle, don't go past -3 or -4 it's too much. Now with that number in mind do the following

1. Turn car OFF

2. Dial back the Crank Angle Sensor whatever number you had in IGN/INJ Adjust, so if you had -2 dial it back 2 deg

3. Turn car to ACC

4. Edit the IGN map and shift every cell UP whatever number you used in #2. So if it was -2 then add 2deg timing to every IGN cell on the map

3. Turn car ON

4. Observe lumpy idle

I remember when i first installed the GTR injectors and had the PFC base map it was lumpy as hell. It was that rich i think it would of fouled the plugs if i let it idle that long :)

So yeah adding more fuel at the cell at idle would make it do that also.

my tune does it every now and then, the main cause is its cell bouncing between different IGN spots, you can see it on map tracer, quickly swapping between two cells, if the ign varies alot on the adjacent cells it will lump around heaps. you can also getting it from messing with the afm ducting pipe width.

my 32 wit gtr injectors used to do it randomly! very rarely would it sit still on idle, used to jump between 650-750 or there abouts usually but i had a rom in it not power fc, never understood why it did that only sometimes