SAU Community

Coils...

iplen

Okay, I am sure this has been covered, but I searched it and came up with nothing. Have had two coils let go so far and am thinking that second hand they are to untrustworthy and genuine they are too pricey when I know that they will let go again. The car has been sold (to my mother, I am gelous) but I am still looking after it for her (read also driving for now) what coils are good and what are they generally worth? The car is not likely to get any more boost or mods.

if your looking to replace just the broken coils...then maybe ask ur local nissan dealer for the original coils..otherwise if ur looking to buy a set of 6...then get the pricing from nissan and compare with a set of brand new splitfires afaik the splitfires are a better choice in terms of reliability and price

I'd try the diy section on how to mend broken coils first...with any luck it may just be a minor crack as what happened to mine...cost me $20 to repair and my car now idles smoothly and can hold 10psi boost without any dramas.

afaik splitfires are exactly the same as OEM but cheaper by the half dozen if you use any of the SAU sponsors rather than a nissan dealer.

Not 100% correct there.

Splitfires are blue, OEM are black. The blue color makes them give more power, remember :P

Seriously, they are the same as OEM, just fark loads cheaper.

Not 100% correct there.

Splitfires are blue, OEM are black. The blue color makes them give more power, remember :laugh:

Seriously, they are the same as OEM, just fark loads cheaper.

LMFAO ....dont forget ..if u add the "SPLITFIRE" decal to ur shopping list on the side of ur door....its seat-of-ur-pants-dyno proven to add like 20awkw