SAU Community

2007 F1 Season

The sad reality of todays pseudo fans is that most of them could recall Schumi's great achievements of by heart and give you running statistics about his career from the late nineties. But ask them a simple question about the pre schumi Ferrari and you'd stump a good portion of them. Luckily most of the ones in here are on the ball and are not just blind followers of the schum like some forums i've come accross.

One year i was walking around Albert park on a saturday in some down time and i kept seeing Ferrari flags in a particular section. I acctually asked most of them and asked what the 'S' stands for in the 'S.F.' at the bottom of the Ferrari emblem was and only 2 guys could answer me correctly!!... 2!!! seriously wtf?

I dont mind fans of a team, but idiots shit me

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm suprised that you actually own up to owning a Schumacher T-Shirt!

i have a picture of me and shumi...is that something i should be embarrased about too?? :blink:

Well it is not like it is restricted to F1.

Lately everyone is suddenly a Chelski fan.

Going back a few years every other kid you wearing a footy jumper was wearing the black/red of Essendon.

Just wait till the Rugby world cup for all the South African ex-pats to come out of the wood work.

I can't talk anyway. I jumped ship from Brabham to Williams after Gordon Murray left for McLaren & Nelson Piquet left for Williams. Ofcourse the fact that the Brabham team withdrew from F1 for a year I would offer as mitigation.

One other thing, "garagisti" is supposedly an insult, but I wouldn't mind a garage like Ron Dennis'.

We're told its part of the team culture, by keeping a clean workspace it encourages employees not to make a mess in the first place... you know 'next to godliness' and all that

Some of the random stuff that Ron Dennis insists on:

No pictures of your family in your office.

No waste paper bins.

All that uniformity & cleanliness must do peoples heads in.

The no bins thing is a bit of a stretch... they do have bins, but they are hidden within an office desk as a false draw

I quite like that one, the sight of open rubbish bins in such a purpose built clean building would get my goat too

Edited by ctjet

Winkelhock at the bottom of the time sheets...

by a fair margin to his team mate, no less. Yes Marc, we wanted to reward you for your hard work testing and you have contributed a lot to the teams development but you know how these things go... we always follow the money. You ...understand that..?..right?

enjoy your time in the F1 seat Mr Marcus..because itll be the last time you contest a GP in one.

..can i get a whoop whoop?

Yup interesting qualifying sessions.

Coulthard is back in 20th, Hamilton in 10th that will make an interesting first stint for the race with these 2 trying to come through the pack. Finally we will see if Hamilton knows how to overtake and start with cars infront of him on the grid. Hopefully Webber will learn to have the widest car on the track but my guess is he will be 10th by the 2nd corner anyway and then finish 13th due to have a visit on some grass.

ive got a copy of the qualifying from itv and the replays showed the car to suffer a bearing or possibly a disk failure which made the tyre explode sending him into the wall at 150mph...

a VERY nasty accident and one that was worse than Kubica in the sense that all that energy didnt have a chance to dissipate..it was like him jumping off the roof and hitting the ground they were saying..

very glad to see hes okay.

well done Mark, your in for some points today provided the bloody car doesnt break.

Yup interesting qualifying sessions.

Coulthard is back in 20th, Hamilton in 10th that will make an interesting first stint for the race with these 2 trying to come through the pack. Finally we will see if Hamilton knows how to overtake and start with cars infront of him on the grid. Hopefully Webber will learn to have the widest car on the track but my guess is he will be 10th by the 2nd corner anyway and then finish 13th due to have a visit on some grass.

or DNF due to some random mechanical failure :)