SAU Community

Need A Project Car

fr0st

im doing nissan gazelle with sr convertion,l but its a lot of work and cost about 5g already and probly 8 by the time its finished did i mention its been 11 months since i put the sr in and only first ran it 2 weeks ago. anyway what ever you do by the best condition car you can find even if it 3 times the price of a cheap fingerd one it will save you a lot of trouble in the end, ie dint, shit paint, rust, interior,suspention and bushes

just my 2 cents

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haysey, where are you getting all these pics from? Friggen awesome! :(

Has anyone ever done up a R31 Skyline wagon?

According to redbook they have the same kerb weight as an R32 GTS-T. A turbo on the RB30 would make it bloody quick in a straight line. You could probably drift it aswell :P

Keep em coming :D

just my usual hunting of the net, coming across these things, always liked sleepers, a mate has a old 71 corona he insipired to put a rotor in, maybe one day...

this cressida has a supra engine in it

cressida5base4do.jpg

69636537.9SCIRTg4.Battery1b.jpg

62661027.WYwflxMW.cress2.jpg

im doing nissan gazelle with sr convertion,

Yeah, s12 silvia coupe, but an FJ20T or CA18eT would do it for 14's, could probably even do a nasty NA SR20 with a stripped out interior. I have heard of RB power s12's but I reckon that'd be heaps of work..

627008_148_full.jpg

I know the pic isn't much of a sleeper but I love it..

Edited by SKY32

get an old volvo and stick a V8 in it or a 1jz , front cut for one of those is only $1400.

Volvos have big ass brakes and massive engine bays, not to mention the diffs are dana's on some of the 70's models meaning it's not too hard to get LSDs and different gear sets and they are super strong.

Nothing better than driving this sort of sleeper, I have experience. I used to love driving my old unit around.

As you can see lots of room in the engine bay.

post-271-1167921048.jpeg

post-271-1167921068.jpg

any old datto that came with an L series 6. drop a v8 in....matter of fact i have a midly worked 253, that only had 5 months of driving before the car was written off. that comes with all cross members and mount to drop in a L6 powered car.

v8 specs:Worked 253, machined by Trapnell Race Engines, ACL Race Series flat top fly cut pistons(60 thou) peened rods, balanced and blueprinted bottom end, New port matched Speedmaster single plane manifold, inlet and exhaust ports tidied, 20thou off heads, new Speedpro billet camshaft, new lifters, new double row timing chain, new w/pump and timing cover,Hi volume sump, double valve springs, block hugger extractors, Alloy rocker covers, Hadfield bellhousing, supra 5speed, Built to run straight LPG, but also suits petrol, 5 months old rebuild. Detailed in black and kermit green.

Selling due to crashed car, no damage to engine or gearbox.

Haysey, where are you getting all these pics from? Friggen awesome! :P

Has anyone ever done up a R31 Skyline wagon?

According to redbook they have the same kerb weight as an R32 GTS-T. A turbo on the RB30 would make it bloody quick in a straight line. You could probably drift it aswell :)

Keep em coming ;)

My 2c: this is the best idea yet. Max sleeper doofus grandpa value, cheap as f#$k, good engineering.

There's a Ford Anglia with a worked SR20 in it running around NSW.

It's a Ford (keeps the olds happy), they weigh about 800kg and they look so granny standard that no one is ever gonna take it seriously.

Power to weight ratio is insane.

I've also seen an Anglia with a worked Ford 4 litre six in the front.

Major firewall mods needed but it went like a rocket and handled too.

This second one would definitely keep his olds on side but realistically I don't think any of the projects mentioned in this thread could be done for 5 grand.

If you can prove me wrong though I'd love to see the results.

i reckon the gazelle may be under the budget.

you can buy em with shagged engines for sub$1000.

spend the rest on the engine of your choice.

and afaik, all the R31 and S13 gear bolts up to it, struts, brakes, etc.

so it could be the cheapest of the lot.

rotor powered S12 ftw :(

ford laser - familia gtr conversion - been there, and it was great!

outside = shit, inside = 200hp@all 4, 3inch cat back, vr4 cooler, 14psi boost. turbos good for around 18psi with full zorst.

pity the 4wd boxes are made of rice paper.......

realistically I don't think any of the projects mentioned in this thread could be done for 5 grand.

the old C210 skyline coupe i had was converted to v8/5speed and LPG for well under 5k.

dads old 620 datto ute.... we converted it from 1.5l 4 speed on the steering column to 2L 5 speed and twin carb, for under 1k..... if you can do the work yourself, conversions are cheap as chips.

Theres a guy around here with a VS ute with a 1jz and massive high mount. The ultimate of work utes.

theres a guy near here also, lives around logan im sure. damn it hauls ass. VS ute, pursuits and is a sleeper as they come. nasty weapon though.

Edited by silverbulletR33