SAU Community

240rwkw R32 GTR vs GSX-R 600

Hey Guys,

I just had a race with a brand new GSX-R 600. He pulled up next to me at a Red light and gave it a few revs, so I thought FARK it, let's go!!

We were dead even all the way to 170kph, I was tripping.

We backed off and were just crusing next to each other at about 60kph, he gave me the thumbs up and dropped a gear for a rolling run, I slammed second and we were off again......Same thing, dead even.

I just found out that they do an 11.33 @ 121mph.......I hope I can match that on the track!!

Does anyone know the 0-100 times for these bikes???

Thanks,

Shaun.

0-100 times for any supersports 600-1000cc bikes is in the vicinity of 2.5 to 3 seconds. So it's possible to beat them in a car, but very difficult unless you have a dedicated drag car with high stall converter.

The problem with bikes is not so much the power itself but getting that power to the ground. A powerful sports bike with slight mods (exhaust, remap/rejet) will have about 100rwkw, but only about 1/5 the weight. So in theory they should run much faster times than 10's and 11's but they don't.

They only have about 1/10th the contact patch on the rear tyre compared to a car and they only have 1 drive tyre, and on top of that they have very short wheel bases and tend to pop wheelies too easily. I think a Yamaha R1 is capable of running 9's with little or no modification, but it would take a very skilled rider to accomplish that.

Be very careful when racing against bikes. You don't want to accidentally hit him, it happened on Spit bridge last year and the poor rider got decapitated :P (he was racing a BMW). Whether it's the bike rider's or your fault the result of any impact is going to be nasty and you will feel like **** if you hurt or kill him. (not to mention possibly be charged with murder)

JimX.

• 2 weeks later...

3 of us were riding down to the bike shops on saturday actually when a hotted up WRX pulled up at the lights with two of us in one lane on his right and 1 of us on his left, he gave it a rev and we got ready to go.

Light changed and you had a TLR, GSXR750 and R6 all front wheel up blasting into the distance :D Never bothered dragging a car on the bike before and probably won't bother again for a while.