SAU Community

The Official 'prego' Thread

Col-GTSX

arbress hell yeah i know you ill send pm havent seen you around for a while and a new car ?

well last year in grade 11 in the board english (hard one) i got a solid b

its just i cbf to type something like that properly i am only 16 and it is only a forum id rather speak in real life

id rather people skills >_<

but anyways off topic :O

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well thinking of it not sure because i may go to my uncle in bowen stay there for a year for free whilst im applying and pick fruit in the seasons

because you can get $500-$1000 a week doing that

once i finish school

I made 3000 dollars in 6 and a half weeks when I was at kapooka after I joined the reserves... I was only 17 at the time, it was quite good money, cash in the pocket and tax free, no need to declare it to johny. I also got about a grand worth of free gear, boots, pack, webbing etc and learnt a few things while I was down there to boot...

English skills are no requirement to join the rank and file of the army or navy, and that seems to be where hes headed. The Air Force can be a bit more picky however, so prehaps he should consider a transfer to a different caddy outfit?

well i can speak for the airforce, as long as you passed yr10 english minimum they are happy, hell they let me in and now they let us use 2b, b4 and stuff like that

Roffles I know guys in the army who skiped school at grade 8... Dumb as a rock but strong as an ox, they do there job rather well....

In any case, going GRES before you transfer/while you consider joining as ARA is actually not a bad way to go... Kind of gives you a good taste of the army lifestyle, and if you do decide to join up full time down the track its just a simple service transfer as opposed to going through the whole f**king rigamarole of DFR (dont get me started on thoes useless bastards...)

Also good for keeping you fit!

yeah its not bad but theres no point of me doing it whilst im applying to join in full

ahhh i must meet this choyoda and prego. im not sure if you remember me but i was a CUO at 218sqn. to hint who i am; balbags.

went there with moutrage, hardy, trushin, crompton, sullivan... they are all of the senior cadets i worked with a lot.

drop me a line and we could catch up, im sure if you were in my era i will remember you. 1flt and 18flt did many joined bivs in the early days.

oh and CPL. Brewell?, he's a legend.

Pm u soon.

Hahahaha. I'm glad its finally out in to open. I can finally rip up my blue card (child related employment) :cheers:

CUO at 218SQN? What year? I finished as a CUO in 2004.

Moutrage came on a bivouac we ran as part of National Fieldcraft Competition Selection. As for the rest, I'm not familiar with but my girlfriend knows some of the other names from Drill Team. Yeah, I'm from the old 15 Flight days. If you wnt out with 1 Flight, you may remember Brett Smith and Daniel Wilson, possibly Graham Miller (also an instructor at 215SQN) now. As for CPL Brewell, he's still the oldest (but the best) CPL I know (he's my boss).

Now onto the inpregnation. He was bitten by many ticks due to some retard placing all cadets next to a tick infested cow paddock. Cadets were dropping like flies. Nate got bitten several times and dragged himself to our base camp to have them removed. My girlfriend and another instructor were doing the removal and "tick checks". For some reason (possibly to lure me), Nate decided to strip down in the open instead of the 11x11 tent. Having never seen such a succulent and innocent body, I was drawn to him with every animal like passion. I decided to let him have his way with me (by radio). After "doing it" via radio (it lasted over 2 hours), he was in his last trimester by the next morning (medivac exercise). Everyone asked who's the child was. Not being able to keep the secret, Nate let it out (coincidentally, his water broke too) and the child was born. The child was blue in colour and about the size of a 2L coke bottle.

Choyda, yeh mate i finished up as CUO in um.... 2004 well actually 2005 Jan promo course I was staffing. i was too old. From memory you were one step ahead of me, i would of been in 3rd year of advanced (Old bast*rd). When does 215sqn go back to parading? and whats the location and time? I might pay a visit and see the short man "prego".

-Arbess

Choyda, yeh mate i finished up as CUO in um.... 2004 well actually 2005 Jan promo course I was staffing. i was too old. From memory you were one step ahead of me, i would of been in 3rd year of advanced (Old bast*rd). When does 215sqn go back to parading? and whats the location and time? I might pay a visit and see the short man "prego".

-Arbess

215SQN goes back first Monday of Feb. Location is Cavendish Rd SHS and anytime after 6pm is good.

On another note, if anyone knows people who work at any Army Barracks or RAAF Amberley who have access to stuff (much like the parachutes on which SAU parked their display on), please let me know. Even if they are able to arrange visits etc. We are always keen for support from the ADF but rarely get it. At the moment, we are having to do dodgies (good thing I'm black) or rely on mates.

Old bastards...

I was a CUO in 1998... Whos old now...

I was actually the squadron commander, we had 3 troops of 30 and a recruit troop of 30... So 120 peeps under my command...

I guess thats where I get my bossyness from... The worst part is that 129RCU is full of Army kids who knew everything from their mummy's and daddy's... I loved breaking their spirit... :kiss:

Chris> Greives was a chick, she was a italian chick... Pretty good looking, i went out with her for about a week or two i think... :D

I also remember Stacey and Erin... Um all them girls from 126rcu right in the middle of pubity... Memories... "And one time on Army camp"

i was in in 713 in wa.. but talk about shit organisation & structure..

i was there for 3 years, came 6th of 150 on jnco but was never promoted to ccpl so i quit. some of u guys might know a guy last name carol used to be over there

on a side note our CO was arrested for fraud

I have access to the barracks, but im surprised you dont have an offical relationship with them??

We have official relationships with them. Unlike the army cadets who have a sponsor unit, we just have the RAAF in general. Maybe just RAAF Amberley but even they can't/don't spare us much.

Can you get gear IanB or know anyone that can? We are looking for bush/camo gear mainly. We're still handing out oldschool greens gear and Vietnam packs.