SAU Community

Stallin

SAsleeper33

I was wonderin if anyone could help me.

On hot days/nights my r33 is havin troubles. if I drive along and stop at traffic lights its fine. but if I'm in a line up or turnin lane and only creepin forward small distances at a time. when i raise the rev's then drop them sometime's they drop right out for a sec then pulling back to idle, sometimes even to the point of stallin. I was hopin someone might be able to help me.

My thought's is that it might be suckin in too much hot air through the pod filter from the engine bay and I might need a heat sheild or somethen similar.

Can someone please help...

do you have an aftermarket BOV that vents to the atmosphere?

this could be causing you problems if your idle is set to standard (650 rpm) thats why some people up the idle rpm to try and prevent it from stalling (mine included, idles at about 850rpm..thats how i bought it)

just a thought

My thought's is that it might be suckin in too much hot air through the pod filter from the engine bay and I might need a heat sheild or somethen similar.

Can someone please help...

I had this problem when i first bought my car, as soon as i shielded the pod filter it has never happened again and its been a long time, so shield the pod, or if you dont have a FMIC put the stock airbox back on with its standard cold air scoop.