SAU Community

Easier To Ask Locally.....manual Conversion

Matty 31

Hey guys

i kno how hard parts can be to find for manual conversions (ie like my 31.........manual parts are gettin thin on the ground). mate of mine is about to pay for a r32 gtst m spec 4 door in auto form.

wants to do a manual conversion. I know RB20 box prices, and i kno that RB30 manual flywheels fit. its just everything else im not sure of, and he wants an idea of part prices and what would be needed. i think i still hav the crossmember from the 20 box i bought, but im not 100% sure where it is LOL

any help would be great, as i'll prob end up helpin him do it

Whats the car used for?

Street duties? He may be better off with a 3k stall convertor and shift kit. Push the boost in to it and the manual will have a damn hard time keeping up with it off the line.

Auto's are always better for straight line. If thats what he enjoys and does most keep the auto. >_<

i think i have a 32 manual crossmember laying around..

remember my thread on 31 forums. massive write up, simu;lar thing for most skylines.

remember to remove auto spigot bush out of the rear of the crank and insert the porus bronze spigot into the crank for the input shaft of the box, if you dont, youll have to pull the box back out anyways...

if you need any help ive done about 5 manual conversions.

There's one bloke here thats dropping his car in today and is being SLUGGED $4800 for a drive in drive out auto to manual conversion with an Rb20t gearbox.

$1400 drive in drive out is well priced. All most too well when you consider the price of a new clutch, the box, centre console, pedal box, tail shaft, clutch master and slave. I would expect up around 2k to 2.5k.

i think i have a 32 manual crossmember laying around..

remember my thread on 31 forums. massive write up, simu;lar thing for most skylines.

remember to remove auto spigot bush out of the rear of the crank and insert the porus bronze spigot into the crank for the input shaft of the box, if you dont, youll have to pull the box back out anyways...

if you need any help ive done about 5 manual conversions.

yeh, used that when i did mine, pete (66 skyline gt) helped me out

cost me 1000 just in parts and i got a few freebies

There's one bloke here thats dropping his car in today and is being SLUGGED $4800 for a drive in drive out auto to manual conversion with an Rb20t gearbox.

$1400 drive in drive out is well priced. All most too well when you consider the price of a new clutch, the box, centre console, pedal box, tail shaft, clutch master and slave. I would expect up around 2k to 2.5k.

Yeah, that's what I got quoted 1.5yrs ago, so costs may have changed? And they also supply a 2nd hand stock clutch, it would help if you brought a new aftermarket clutch to them, the stock ones dont last too long anyway.

Edited by salad

Boostworx will do it for just over 2 and a half with a new xtreme hd clutch.. got mine done and it drives absolutely awesome..

how about a stagea manual conversion?

what do they cost?

Edited by Tommmo

Everything I've read on Stag manual conversions so far leads me to believe it's not worth the trouble.

For starters you need a R33 GTR gbox. $$$

Just get a later model manual to begin with.

Edited by Oosh