SAU Community

Defect

MichaelB

haha,

I forgot 3" exhaust

How hard are these things to remove

Gauges I can take off myself, do you need to remove the associated cabling aswell to pass regency?

Blow off valve and exhaust I will have to get removed at a shop, and replaced with stock

Suspension? can I simply have it raised or do I need to remove adjustable shocks and replace with stock?

3" Exhaust..

Get a coke can and chop it up to the flange shape. Then drill a few large holes in the sucker. Silicon it all up place it behind the cat. Wait for it to dry then run a bit of grease and oil in to it and get it hot to make it look a little aged. >_<

all depends what sort of suspension you have, if they are adjustable platform coilovers then you can wind them up but still have the risk of them not going through becauase coilovers are illegal, however when my 33 came over from japland my coilovers went through ok.

most of them time, if your guages are below the dash line then theyll be ok, keep tread on your rears, not too low, not too loud, dont be stupid on the road and they'll be ok about it

If this is you Mick, give me a holla and i'll give you a run down. And if you have bought a skyline, fly around sometime -> doing the speed limit that is :)

btw..has it got a defect, or you just asking? as most have written, most likely everything, and depending on how they're feeling at regency

i know the legal hight is 360mm,need stock plenum,NO bov doesnt matter if its plum back,no fuel regulators list goes on and on and on i was there yesterday aas i got defected for tint and boost gauge..

really because i have my boost gauge mounted on my dash, beside the stereo. i hvae had my car defected twice

during my defect saga. there has never been any attention on the boost gauge.

more attention on abs, rear wheel steering and engine emissions... :laugh::D:(:):)

Plum back bov is a std piece of equipment and must be in along with all piping and recirc. hoses...

Aftermarket bov's are not allowed.

The same as what I was told... The afm to turbo pipe, cross over pipe, the std bov and its pipework cannot be touched. FMIC is allowed providing there's no cutting of the body and it doesn't hang lower than 100mm.

Hey Guys,

Wot in SA do the cops defect u 4. I have moster tach, shift light, boost gauge, blow off valve, adjustable suspension (now low).

if it is a brand new exaust you should of got a silencer with your rear muffler otherwise known as the cannon wich passes you through regency as i have just passed with a 4 1/4 hiflow exhaust system

and bassically everything in which you listed in your last quote i got done for as well not to mention the rest.

let us know if you ever need to borrow a silencer.