SAU Community

Acl Forged Piston Comments?

OGR88 R32

looking for comments from anyone using acl forgys! just want to make sure i get something that i dont regret buying! setup will be in the well over 500hp area! also rb30 conrods is it worth looking into the forgyed ones that japanesegarage sells for $650 or should i stick with stock(crank will be getting a hell of a lot spent on it)? last thing i need is another conrod letting go and distroying another motor! will also be running acl race series bearings looking for comments on them to!

thanks vance

looking for comments from anyone using acl forgys! just want to make sure i get something that i dont regret buying! setup will be in the well over 500hp area! also rb30 conrods is it worth looking into the forgyed ones that japanesegarage sells for $650 or should i stick with stock(crank will be getting a hell of a lot spent on it)? last thing i need is another conrod letting go and distroying another motor! will also be running acl race series bearings looking for comments on them to!

thanks vance

My r33 was rebuilt with ACL forged pistons. I cant complain yet as they havent given me any grief.

They are a good price from what i understant bu ti think you can maybe get CP or arial pistons for not much more. But hten i dont know if those piston are really any better????

i was makin 500rwhp with the rb30 rods but they were shotpeened etc, now motor is apart and putting in argo for $1400 with bolts, worth it since i too dont wanna shag another motor and fork out stupid money again

ben...

may i ask what acl forged pistons you are going to use?

I wasnt aware that they made non turbo rb30 pistons in the forged acl variety. I know they make rb30et ones, however the cr with those would be upto buggery.

ive searched with lots of depth re a piston to suit a rb30det and ACL simply dont make them. the rb30et piston compression will be far to low so be of much use and the only other acl option is 6mkry2799 which is a stock piston with chromoly ring

Acl forged pistons are good quality :whistling:

japanesegarage rods on the other hand.....

I bought a set for an RB30, Took at least 3 moths to arrive and they look rough as.

They cost just over $1k, they advertise they cost $650 - that is for the 4cyl rods though.

Acl forged pistons are good quality :)

japanesegarage rods on the other hand.....

I bought a set for an RB30, Took at least 3 moths to arrive and they look rough as.

They cost just over $1k, they advertise they cost $650 - that is for the 4cyl rods though.

I here you with Japanese Garage,not only is their advertising misleading,but their service is disgraceful! :huh:

I just the ACL Race series pistons in my car for the RB30DET with 25 head and they are good. they are acually a MAHLE piston imported from the usa by ACL because it costs too much to make forgies in australia. I think MAHLE are the same brand as ROSS ?

my compression test came up at 120 in all cyl so its a little lower then before but good for high boost =)

i used the precision motorsport conrods in my engine as well which they all come out of the same factory in china (scat eagle rah rah) they do well for what they are (can handle 700rwhp) without any issues

url for my conrods

http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_info.p...roducts_id=5878

Precision H-Beam Forged Rods - Nissan Skyline RB30/ Holden VL Commodore (set of 6) $1,150.00AUD (inc GST)

$1,045.45AUD(ex GST)

$1,020.00AUD (inc GST)

$927.27AUD(ex GST)

Forged Conrods are a must for a bullet proof rebuild on your turbocharged engine. This allows the stress to be taken off the bottom end under high rpm and high boost. Of course forged pistons are not essential, but are highly recomended.

Precision Motorsport rods are manufactured from certified 4340 steel, vacuum degassed to remove impurities, and multistage heat treated. Each forging is X-rayed, and shot peened to relieve stress, and all surfaces are 100% machined.

H-Beam Connecting Rods Feature:

NEW 4340 Certified Forged Steel Rod

ARP 5/16 2000 capscrew bolts standard

Silcone Bronze bushings for floating pins

Precision alignment sleeves positively locate the rod cap, eliminating cap walk

Packaged in weight matched sets end to end +/- 1 gram

Rated for upto 750 horsepower (Same as the limit of the factory RB30 Crankshaft)

Edited by Guilt-Toy

The ACL piston is a 8.5:1 not like the OEM piston in the RB30ET - so they actually work ok with the RB25 head. As they come in around ( cant remember exactly ) 8.0:1, and with a slight surface you can bumo it up a little. As Im using the R34 GTT head mine came in at 8.4:1 as they have a smaller combustion chamber than the R33 head.