SAU Community

How To Remove Orange Side Indicators And Replace With Clear Ones?

Hi everyone,

hope you can help me - needs help on how to remove the organge side indicators and replace them with the nismo clear white ones on the sides?

I recently bought some nismo ones and want to remove my existing ones - but finding it too hard... usually, i.e. with Honda's, just get a flat-head screwdriver and yank it out then connect new bulb and put the clear housing in... but upon trying to do this to my Skyline, it started chipping (crackiing a bit) so I stopped as I do not want to damage it further.

Some help and/or pics would be much much apprecaited.

Hope everyone had a nice new year!

Many thanks in advance.

Flat soft edge to avoid damaging paint, lift back edge and slide backwards , up and out.

So you're saying, don't go in on the sides.... so, say, put in the flathead screwdriver and then jerk it up and down until it comes out? some pics would be good... thanks

A few of my friends have the same issue, so if you can help, this would be useufl information for most people on here.

No...put a rubber tipped flat edge at the back, lift gently andslide the whole thing backwards and lift a little and it should come straight out...no force needed

call me slow, but I do not understand...when you say, the back ... where's the back?

If it's ok, do you mind, taking a picture of how it looks when just yanked out? then I can picture for myself how to do it.

Step by step information would be very appreciated.

Thanks

I remember doing this with just my fingers on my car.

Grabbed from the left side of the indicator in the above pics, pulled the indicator right, and then out towards me.

I was also a little disturbed at how easy they came out, meaning someone could just nick them if they knew.

Hope that helps.

Evil

If you press your hand onto the indicator's and push left and right, you will notice the indicator actually moves slightly in one direction.

What i did was just push them in that direction with my hand, then on the other end i gently leavered it out with a flathead screwdriver, popped right out.

Then they just clip right back in.

Yup no need for any screw drivers at all. .

use your fingers and push it forward (i think)

and then just pull it out..

its really simple.. If it doesnt seem like its coming out, then you doing it wrong..

But i did this ages ago..

Edited by siddr20

hi my friends....

Thanks so much for your help...

I just tried it... it does slide a bit to the right, but I can't seem to put it outwards towards me on the side... was wondering if someone would be nice enough to send slightly larger pics with step by step instructions...

Thanks kindly...

honestly, just grab a flathead, jamb it in one of the sides and pry it out. It's only held in by clips(which are strong), it will pop off. Don't be afraid to use a bit of force

It really is very easy