SAU Community

P-plate Laws

Sl!m

"

The zero demerit plan for the first year of the provisional licence has been put forward by motoring body NRMA, with its president, Alan Evans, saying it would be an effective deterrent against irresponsible behaviour on the roads.

"

Full story here -

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/split-...8104893203.html

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this straight, if i was driving in NSW on a NSW p plate licence and i get pulled over and the cop finds a blown parker that blew 10 mins ago and i get a defect and loose a point i would loose my licence

Another band aid proposal to make the public think the government is doing something proactive to curb the p plate death toll.

As long as it only applies to red p platers like they are saying on the news then I'm ok. Can't wait to get off my P's

Edited by Yo-Yo

So all these little kiddies are going to be driving with their head frimly planted in front of their speedo, and not on the road.

Well done.

Exactly lol.

That and busy watching for speed cameras.

Such a lame idea honestly. I can think of more than just P plate drivers who should suffer these consequences :)

What to kill everyone under 25? Or have they fixed the railway down there now so trains stop crashing?

trains dont crash, they hit stupid people who end up in front of them, and this hasnt happened since.... a few days ago

One offence that p platers are often charged/hassled for is not displaying p plates. This applies when they are not visible enough for the cop that is looking, so even if the plate is obscured enough to annoy one, you can lose a demerit point and your entire license.

That will really keep those dangerous p plate non displayers off the road! I feel really safe now!

That is one of the stupidest things yet!

When will these retards come up with something that may work!!!

From that article:

"P-Plate deaths for 2006 increased by almost 30 per cent to 94 from the previous year, which recorded 73, according to the roads authority."

From those stats, im really confident that this new plan if you can even call it that will work, stupid twits.

In addition to that, i would like say that due to his recent plan Harold Scruby is a foolish and stupid idiot.

the law will just flood the road withs p platers for many years to come.. so many people will lose it then start over again.. p platers everywhere.. no one able to buy turbo'd cars.. price for them drop dramattally.. might be able to buy two or three skylines in a couple years time :(

In addition to that, i would like say that due to his recent plan Harold Scruby is a foolish and stupid idiot.

You only just worked that out?

The guy is a complete idiot. I've seen bags of cement less dense than that crank.

"P-Plate deaths for 2006 increased by almost 30 per cent to 94 from the previous year, which recorded 73, according to the roads authority."

Banning inexperienced youngsters from driving certain cars based on near-irrelevant criteria is reaping its rewards.

The NSW government has had several goes at reducing the road toll. Double demerits. Minimum driving times when supervised by unqualified drivers who haven't been tested for a while. Banning cars that inevitably have reasonable brakes and chassis setups. etc etc.

If my track record for driving a car was the same as the government's track record for coming up with effective road safety, unlike them I wouldn't be permitted to continue doing so. While we've both killed 30% more people on the roads this year than last year, in my case its only because an extra 30% on top of zero is still zero.

this is bs......i dont believe in making it a zero point licience. i rkn it be better to maybe lower it to 2 or 3.

ive been caught out once going over the speed limit by 6ks.....and got 1 point taken off.....just cuz of that im suppose to lose my licience....bs

if ppl are speeding over 10...or even 15....sure a lose of licience may be more fair.

and like someone said...getting a defect for something that just happened is suppse to get my licience taken off...man bs.....