SAU Community

The Just In Case Thread

Race__24

This is just an idea, i want to see if anyone is interested in this.

My idea is to have a "just in case thread". The idea is that you an post up items(skyline parts) that you have sitting in your shed, laundry, kitchen etc. so that if something happens to go wrong with one of our cars at an awkward time, or maybe someone has to go over regency, we can look at borrowing a part for a short time just to get things moble again. I'm thinking things like AFMs, coils, ECUs, stock intercoolers, piping, fuel pumps.... the list goes on. Items could also be bought i guess but that's up to the individuals to determin. I'm thinking of this thread as a reference to who has what.

There are a few rules that i have thought of to make it go smoothly

-the thead is only to be used as a reference to who has what, wheelings and dealings are left to PMs and the individual.

-only one post in the thread per person(use the edit function to update)

-no chit chat

-discussion kept to pm

-listing in the thread does not mean you have to lend items to everyone, the individual can choose not to lend the items for any reason they wish

-terms of the lending of the items is up to the individual. for example, costly items or people that you don't know may require deposit, photocopy of a licence or something???

Well, that's all i've got for now, if anyone has any ideas, comments etc feel free to post them up. If people like the idea we can ask cubes very very very nicely if he can sticky a new thread up, if no-one likes the idea we can scrap it!

Thanks for reading

Aaron :kiss:

Edited by Race__24

I've got the following :

- R34 GTT Airbox

- R34 Stock Dump/Front pipe

- R34 GTT Triple gauges

- R34 Front Brake Rotors

I'll edit this post if something else comes up.

edit. - sorry, sum1 took it. (standard 33 airbox - free).

edit 2. - just found a HKS (copy) SSQV BOV i used to have on my old car, pretty much brand new only been used couple months, and has an adapter to DIRECTLY bolt onto a RB25 (had a custom adapter made at ET).(cost just over $200 couple months ago with the custom adapter). Ill also give the universal adapter away with the BOV, which u can weld into the intercooler piping, so it can fit any car.

$150

Edited by KISIN

maybe we should organise a r32 and r33 regency pack with std items like shocks, exhaust etc that we can have people use to get through, then all items are stored until someone else needs them?

Maybe like donate the items to be held at a single location, then lent out (with a deposit) as needed?

Obviously someone would have to keep the items to be given out, and organise it all...

maybe we should organise a r32 and r33 regency pack with std items like shocks, exhaust etc that we can have people use to get through, then all items are stored until someone else needs them?

Maybe like donate the items to be held at a single location, then lent out (with a deposit) as needed?

Obviously someone would have to keep the items to be given out, and organise it all...

Thats a awesome idea would save a lot of time and $$$ for those unlucky defected ppls

BTW I have stock 32 air box and soon fuel pump and cooler, happy to donate these to the '32 regency pack'

4 sets of stockies (14", 4x114.3 stud pattern)....backup drift/skid rims

1 complete set of coil packs and bracket (just incase the falcon system fails - 12mths and no problems yet)

RB30 motor (not mine but a worst comes to worst just in case)

2 standard rb25det dump pipes and engine pipes to suit both r31 and r33

r31 and r33 air boxes

2 standard side mount intercoolers with piping.

2 spare coil packs

standard and lowered springs for r31

assorted rb30 rb25det engine parts, coil, leads, aac, tps, afm

3 x r31 silo stockies

1 x 4stud cop rim

r32 manual gearbox x member

assorted dash buttons and blanks for r31

2 x clusters for r31

all sorts a shit

oh and a wealth of knowledge about both cars. hehe.

Edited by Ryanrb25

Ok, there seems to be a bit of intrest.

*****MODS (cubes) could we have a fresh thread stickied please??? or maybe just trim the chat out of this one?????

I was kinda meaning to have this one just to show interest, and air ideas. Good on you guys for jumping in there, shows how keen we are to help others out :/

I've got the following from a S1/2 R33

Standard dump

Standard cooler

Standard Air box and snorkel

Standard S2 ECU

HICAS unit with arms

Edited by Race__24