SAU Community

Nismo Parts - How Good Are They?

In looking around at the various aftermarket Skyline parts, NISMO seems to have parts competing in many catergories but are typically priced at a premium to other manufacturers. Generally speaking, are they worth the premium because of performance and/or quality or are you just paying for the name? Is NISMO better at making one type of part (say suspension or turbos for example) than another?

Speaking from personal experience, I have used a fair few Nismo parts and dont have a problem paying the extra due to the extremely high quality of their products.

Ive used everything from injectors, fuel regulators, RB26 Plenum, Diifs... each and every product has been a welcome addition to my car and I've never had any problems with.

Depending on what your buying there are comparable brands at slightly cheaper prices, do some research, search the forums etc for results based on the particular item you are wanting to buy, and then check out the recommended brands, thats what I'd be doing :(

With Nismo parts, you have a guarantee that they will fit perfectly and work properly. You can be assured that Nismo will have done some engineering on it, rather than just make something that approximately fits and "should work".

My observation is that Nismo parts rarely ever provide the biggest bang in their class (let alone for the bucks you pay), but at the same time you never hear about installation woes and the parts tend to not fall apart on you.

That and, with some Nismo parts being offered as options from the dealer, the results tend to be a lot more "streetable" than some aftermarket options. Nismo exhausts won't deafen you, nor drone. The Nismo lightweight flywheel isn't the lightest on the market but you don't have to ride the clutch or overrev the engine to take off.

With Nismo parts, you have a guarantee that they will fit perfectly and work properly. You can be assured that Nismo will have done some engineering on it, rather than just make something that approximately fits and "should work".

My observation is that Nismo parts rarely ever provide the biggest bang in their class (let alone for the bucks you pay), but at the same time you never hear about installation woes and the parts tend to not fall apart on you.

That and, with some Nismo parts being offered as options from the dealer, the results tend to be a lot more "streetable" than some aftermarket options. Nismo exhausts won't deafen you, nor drone. The Nismo lightweight flywheel isn't the lightest on the market but you don't have to ride the clutch or overrev the engine to take off.

Exactly and you know everything bolts in and all parts comes with all bits an pieces to make it fit. And power ratings and specs are spot on for improvements to your car.

Plus Nismo is seen as the Nissan Geniune performance arm and development and engineering is shared between Nismo and Nissan so you know you pride and joy won't complain or have any issue's with the parts.

My car is plentyful in NISMO performance parts and accessories. Worth the money IMO. The only thing that didnt fit was the black chrome gear knob, but my dad made me a plastic insert the right size.

I will definately buy NISMO again if parts are available and not too pricey.

^^^ And probably the only reason it didn't fit is because there are usually two thread sizes for NISMO gearknobs... you just lucked out...

But NISMO is definately streetable, easily bolt on, VERY reliable....

I'd pay for that any day