SAU Community

Who Tuned Your Power Fc?

NYTSKY

Ok, so i have my baby back from Tunehouse in Marrickville. My car went from 140.9rwkw, now i have 204.5rwkw. My torque figures went from 1027.2Nm @ 5196rpm to 1518.3Nm at 4473rpm. very happy with the results. i also replaced the oxygen sensor, now i just have to hope the fuel economies are better...

My mods are:

3.5" turboback stainless Xforce exhaust

Apexi Pod Air Intake

GFB Stealth FX BOV

GFB Atomic Boost Controller

Front Mount Intercooler

Apexi Power FC

That is very decent power from the mods listed.... Interesting..

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kennedy,

I stuck with my turbosmart single stage

and I only have a 3 inch dump pipe, not split and standard cat.

Oh, yes, standard turbo and injectors

Ryan - Hows it going mate??

Yep, was Unigroup!

and extremely impressed!!

I'll post up my results when I get a chance, I know Im lazy.. ;)

I had my PFC installed and tuned at Advan performance in Silverwater went from 160rwkw ro 192rwkw, but my next tune will be at unigroup I have heard alot of good things about them.

Ok, so i have my baby back from Tunehouse in Marrickville. My car went from 140.9rwkw, now i have 204.5rwkw. My torque figures went from 1027.2Nm @ 5196rpm to 1518.3Nm at 4473rpm. very happy with the results. i also replaced the oxygen sensor, now i just have to hope the fuel economies are better...

My mods are:

3.5" turboback stainless Xforce exhaust

Apexi Pod Air Intake

GFB Stealth FX BOV

GFB Atomic Boost Controller (running 13psi)

Front Mount Intercooler

Apexi Power FC

Thats about right for 13 psi. If your running standard turbo and you constantly hit WOT/13psi the ceramic wheel wont last long. I know of guy who have blown turbo's at 10 at wakefield

Kennedy,

I stuck with my turbosmart single stage

and I only have a 3 inch dump pipe, not split and standard cat.

Oh, yes, standard turbo and injectors

Standard cat? Man change that cat and welcome yourself to the world of 200RWKW+

Hitman did mine and it was top. AFR's at 11.7. Also, The e-01 held dead straight all the way to my new redline of 7200RPM.

yeah its rare i hit 13psi boost. im not really a super racer but i love to drive hard occasioally. just been for a trip to noosa on the sunshine coast. at first i was very unhappy with the fuel economy but it seems to be getting better. at first with highway driving i was still only getting 350kms per tank...after 2 tanks it seems the power fc is taking more notice of the O2 sensor and i now get 500kms per tank. with highway driving i would still like to see this around 600ks highway and in the city i want at least 400kms to a tank... i guess we'll wait and see.

the next purchase for my car will either be a set of tein coilovers or a new turbo! any suggestions, nothing to expensive.

A lot of good press for UniGroup on thier expertise with a PFC, BUT weren't they producing thier own ECU that was suppossed to be pretty good for SKylines as well some time ago?

I think it was a piggy back but I have an RB20DET Auto so cant use a PFC, or can I?

UniGroup use an ECU called TSI which is made in Australia. TSI are the makers of FPV (Ford Performance Vehicle) ECU's in all the XR6T, Typhoon, GTP .etc. Its on their site.

Personally for a big build i would use CRD. They offer excellent service and proven performance.

For a tune I will always use J.E.M cause i have delt with them many times in the past and Adam has always delivered the best results. Even ask BU5TER his R33 was tuned by J.E.M @ 441rw/kw with 1/4 mile time of 10.5 @ 130 MPH.

Cheers

Edited by QRI05E

A lot of good press for UniGroup on thier expertise with a PFC, BUT weren't they producing thier own ECU that was suppossed to be pretty good for SKylines as well some time ago?

I think it was a piggy back but I have an RB20DET Auto so cant use a PFC, or can I?

I think you might be confusing unichip with unigroup. two different companies.

Hi all,

I read carefully all the comments and I would like to share with you my story. I own an 1993 R33 GTS-t and after 2-3 years I decided to do some mods. When I start the mods I joined SAU and read different articles and different posts. I done pretty much everything you can do to my car: POWER FC, Manifold, injectors, ignition coils, intercooler, fuel pump, etc etc. Bought lots and lots of parts on e-bay and here on traders.

I needed an tuner and from our forum I picked up Yavuz, Unigroup. I went there told him what I want and got a quote. Sounded all pretty good so the work started. As you see was more than a ..."basic tune". We hit lots of walls, and up to 200kw was OK but I did not get the really big numbers. I wanted something between 270-300kw at the wheel. I spend twice the amount I was quoted in labour and tune but the result was still not there. Here is a curve of the best tune I achieved at UNIGROUP. Yavuz found a reason for everything but I was not looking for problems, I was looking for solutions. MY WASTEGATE WAS FAULTY and he refused to spend more time on it. I went back a couple of times, charged me some more but performances did nto change.

Please look at my curve, up to 220kw, all power came quick than more RPM's meant flatter curve. Engine did not GOOOOO. So I told to myself I reached Yavuz's limitations.

I started all over as my car is just a weekend car so, I could afford to do it. Head came off, reconditioned, TOMEI cam shafts, changed intercooler (HKS) replaced my beloved Mick metalcraft, Plazmaman plenum, changed flow in engine, start looking like a GTR. Internals still standard on engine. My bad decision was that I found a mechanic that done it in his backyard and the quality of his work was really poor and even $10.00 if I payed was a total waste of money.

I took this car to John at Unique (UAS). I told him my story and .... after 4 weeks of fixing every little problem I had could go on the dyna. You guys should see what checks are done there before your car goes on dyna and what checks you get from Yavuz, than you can tell the difference.

True my bill was fat, but everything was done before had to be redone. Bolts on my manifold had to be replaced as too weak for new manifold, they start breaking. Lots and lots of other problems have been identified and fixed. Even my engine mount was broken and replaced and properly secured. Fixing my wastegate was not a problem, was just a little something for Richard to fix. I told John I will not pay if there are no performance improvements

When car went on Dyna I got a call from Ben and asked me how much power I want. He said that he can give me easily 300+. I stopped at the modest 270kw at the wheel which I think is more than enough for my little GTS-t. When you take your car to tune be prepared for other problems to be identified which no other mechanic will tell you about so you do not know about.

When car was finished I went and show it to Yavuz and he did not have much to comment on it.

The conclusion is that if your car is not mechanicaly 100% before going on the DYNA, engine will not perform, as simple is that.

I stop my story here and if there are any people interested to find more details please feel free to message me.

NOW MY CAR IS DONE....it's left just to learn to drive it ...properly. I GOT A DRAGON AND I AM NOT AFRAID TO USE IT.

Cheers,

EUG.

post-26490-1170928672.jpg

post-26490-1170929285.jpg

post-26490-1170929331.jpg