SAU Community

Price Difference

savage GTR

just wondering if people here in adelaide have compared prices of thing's like turbo's,exhaust's air flow meter's etc lately.

I did some investigation today.

GTR air flow meter's adelaide $350 second hand $500 brand new

sydney brand new $350

clutch exedy twin plate adelaide $2,800

sydney $2,200

1994 r32gtr gear box adelaide $3,800

sydney $3,000

This is approx what I found out anyway speaking to peter from advan performance in silverwater Sydney.

Seem's to me alot of us over here are getting ripped off big time.

If other people have found this to be true please post here so we can compare common thing's that we might end up having to replace at any time.

thank's

Did you ring all the wreckers in the stickied list?

Here in Adelaide you can pick up a 300zx airflow meter for low 300's bran new.

Prices vary considerably. I was after a stock air box quite some time ago. Adelaide Jap wanted $250, JMS wanted $40.

R33 rwd Gearbox's range from 1100 to 1700.

R32 rwd gearbox's range from 500 to 1000.

In the past I have seen an R32 GTR gearbox go for $700 to $1500 here in Adelaide. Depends who you call I suppose.

ive found so many variations in parts prices all over adelaide. As much variation as $500 was the max, $20 was the min on a $80 part. all depends on whether the guy selling it knows what sort of demand the part has and whether they know what it actually is..

just wondering if people here in adelaide have compared prices of thing's like turbo's,exhaust's air flow meter's etc lately.

I did some investigation today.

GTR air flow meter's adelaide $350 second hand $500 brand new

sydney brand new $350

clutch exedy twin plate adelaide $2,800

sydney $2,200

1994 r32gtr gear box adelaide $3,800

sydney $3,000

This is approx what I found out anyway speaking to peter from advan performance in silverwater Sydney.

Seem's to me alot of us over here are getting ripped off big time.

If other people have found this to be true please post here so we can compare common thing's that we might end up having to replace at any time.

thank's

I live in Sydney now and have found better prices in Adelide and have been sorcing most parts from there for mates and ourselves. Advan is quite pricy and not many of the SAU user here go to them for parts they buy them straight from Japan thru Just Jap http://www.justjap.com.au/ and this place is really good http://www.slidingperformance.com/catalog/

But in the end its who you know and how much you buy from places to get the price down

Prices vary considerably. I was after a stock air box quite some time ago. Adelaide Jap wanted $250, JMS wanted $40.

In the past I have seen an R32 GTR gearbox go for $700 to $1500 here in Adelaide. Depends who you call I suppose.

$5000 for a R32 box? Hahaha typo methinks. :)

$5000 for a R32 box? Hahaha typo methinks. :(

heheheh What typo?

:)

Factor in Postage for items like gearboxes as well.

The weight of the items almost makes it not worth it to buy interstate, and u have to buy the item without seeing it as well.

Even if you can see it, it's pretty hard to tell the internal condition of a gbox, unless of course you could open it up but find me a wrecker that'll let you do that. Just have to hope they'll honour the very much limited warranty they offer.

At the end of the day it's a bit of a lottery what ever you do.

P.S. Cubes. Yeah, just must be my failing eye-sight. :)

Edited by Oosh

Even if you can see it, it's pretty hard to tell the internal condition of a gbox, unless of course you could open it up but find me a wrecker that'll let you do that. Just have to hope they'll honour the very much limited warranty they offer.

If u buy a gb from a wrecker without any warranty your asking for it anyway...

As far as the gear box goes, it is a brand new r33 1998 GTR box. My GTR is a 1994 R32 and has the R33 GTR box in it from the factory. It has the pull mechanism instead of the push one.

The input shaft bearing is going and will cost $2,600 to replace {so I been told} and I think this makes the new box sound more attractive, if you know what I mean.

Mind you if some one out there want's to throw me $20,000 of there money I will gladly throw in a R34 box :laugh:

Edited by savage GTR

a complete rebuild should only cost $460 in bearings (using genuine nissan ones) and $550 for a complete syncro set.

Complete labour to pull box out and rebuild and reinstall would b e $600

So ~$1600 (+- $200) for a rebuild. I think your quote is way off. GTR internals are similar to r33gtst...

Yep and now that I have a 12tonne hydraulic press, Time to pull that finger out your Bung Hole Darren. ;)

SavageGTR, Grab the bearing part numbers and have CBC match them up.

I'll make sure I keep you on my buddies list for if I need to change some bushes :). Is your currency cartons of beer or bottles of wine :P