SAU Community

My Introduction

Draen

Hey All,

I have been reading these forums for a while and getting some helpful information out of it. I thought it's time to introduce myself, as I'm keen to meet up with other Brisbane Enthusiasts. Andy is the name.

I have had my R32Gts-t for just under a year (Pretty much of the boat) and am in the process of tidying bits and pieces, as it seems like it previously hasn't been used for a while. It has got the standard bolt ons, boost controller, aftermarket nismo shock/spring combo and Adjust castor rods. Not looking to spend huge $$ on this thing as Id prob uprade to another base in a couple of years time. The next mods to finish it off is prob installing a front dump pipe, and then retuning the stock ecu to make it drive nicely.

Not looking at huge HP at this stage, rather aim for a nice smooth/responsive drive that handles well, but more importantly learn how to use the thing! Down the track I would love to try it out on the track and also see what some of you more experienced drivers can do.

Have been doing a few mountain runs and getting used to using the gears. Just the other week I took it for a drive around the Sunshine Coast hinterland (see pict below) to stretch its legs, after not using it for

a month. Loving it more and more, the more i drive it.

Main reason I wanted to get Jap import is to get my hands dirty and do a lot of the maintenance work myself. It's better stuffing up on a jap car, where parts are abundant and reasonably cheap, before I get into the Euros.

I have done a lot of the very basic things - oil changes, filter changes, pod, removal of radiator (as my top tank decided to sh@t itself). What I'm keen to learn how to do, is to Flush/bleed the coolant and brakes, as well as installing suspension, for starters. If anyone is doing any of these soon, on their car, and don't mind company, I wouldn't mind taking a look at how it's done. Send us a Pm.

On a different note, as time permits I will eventually rock up to one of those dinners that are organised. Otherwise if you consider yourself an ok tennis player, and live around the South-west side of Bris, wouldn't mind having a hit with ya on a weeknight. Send us a PM - might be able to get a small group together if there is enough interest, and hire a couple of courts. Can play at UQ-St Lucia unless anyone can suggest another venue.

Anyway, hope to meet some of ya's around.

Andy

post-34402-1168697501.jpg

Hey Andy

Welcome to the SAU forums...

Most of us locals like to hang out in the QLD section, but please feel free to explore the forums as a whole...

Keep and eye on the events section at the top of the qld section to see whats going on in QLD. Come along to a Tuesday night dinner sometime and you will be able to meet many of the users and members of the club...

By all means come allong to the dyno day and have a snag, chuck the car on the rollers if you want to see where you are starting, before you go mod crazy...

Anyways Welcome aboard...

PM if you need anything...

Welcome Andy :D

The Tuesday Night dinner is the best way to meet people...you've gotta eat anyway so it may as well be with us :P

I could be interested in a friendly tennis game...I'm in Toowong, so nice and close to UQ anyway :)

nice to meet you.

lots of us go mountain driving usually each month so keep a look out on the events section for them. best way to understand your car :D

good luck, and have fun :P

Welcome Andy,

Nice ride. I hope to see you at a Tuesday dinner soon.

Sounds like you could use a Dyno run to get an idea of your current power before you start modding. It will give you a reference point to work from.

Cheers,

Ben.

Thanks all.

SMR33 - Will keep u posted on tennis. These next few weeks will be flat out unfort.

lilmike86 - Mountain runs sound good. Will keep eyes peeled for the next one.

Sounds like the Tuesday dinner is the go-will rock up soon.

Welcome, me and IanB are thinking hinterlands for next mountian run, will post in events section so yeah keep peeling your eyes because its going to be sorted out....sooner or later

I dont know about the hinterlands hun, we just did that :laugh:

Im actually thinking of heading west for the next one. Theres some great un-explored roads out that way.

I will be firing up a post for febuary's mountain run sometime this week for more info, and im working sane hours again starting next week so I will be coming along to tuesday night dinners again.

Just did the run to Mt Nebo (Up to the cafe there) today. Cant go past that run for a good mixture of curves and straights.

Im keen for somewhere west - havent been west lately. I remember there were some nice roads Going Crows Nest (Blue Mountain Heights) back to bris.

Edited by Draen