SAU Community

Nissan Skyline vs Subaru WRX

IOWNU

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I jus got home and read the thread, i was comming down the highway and ran into a what was a done up mid 90's WRX i have a fully stock R33 Gts-t and wait for it... Automatic as well. (by the way a 300zx was on the other side) and it was on. Lights went green and it was on, belive it or not i ripped him at the start and i hit a 120 b4 him but had to slow down cos it was a 80 zone and coppers was everywhere. Then he zoomed past as if he was a hero. it was a loud car. the 300zx was no where to be seen. So there. I ripped a Rex with a automatic skyline. Thought id add my 5 cents worth. But dont get me wrong. Wrx's are nice cars as well. But come on, at night when suns gone down and those 4 red circle lights at the back shines, how could u ever go past a skyline? maybe they made the back good looking cos thats all the Wrx drivers will see :P

DAZ:

Well it was a 300zx was hard to tell if it was TT or non T. BUt it was no where to be seen as it was way behind. But a R34 GT-T would be quicker than a 300zx simpley cos of the Power to weight Ratio.

stock vs stock - it comes down to the driver, DJ: if you got majorly ripped by one it could of been because of mods!

300 ZX Twin Turbo

2 Seater VG30DETT 2997cc Quad Cam 24 valve EFI V6 Twin Turbo 208kw @ 6400rpm 388nm @ 3600rpm 7200rpm 1490 kg 5.96 seconds 14.20 seconds

Vs

Skyline R34

25GT-Turbo RB25DET 2498cc NEO DOHC 24 valve EFI Straight 6 Turbo 206kw @ 6400rpm 343nm @ 3200rpm 7000rpm 1410 kg 6.00 seconds 14.20 seconds

My is a 95r33 and me mate own a 98wrx and i smoke him two car lengh with stockie boost and 3 car lengh with 12psi but always in sencond gear onward cos them 4wd take off faster. Now my with exhaust, run 12psi i made 191kw@tw, and a week before i bought this CHIP stockr33 comp off BIGPSI BIG FELLA and the power i got was just amazing, it got rid off the speed limiter, rev limiter and top end power is just amazing. Kill me mate GTIr in third gear with 1st and 2nd spin hard.

I reckon if i have a proper size intercooler and a bigger acttulator to hold boost i can manage around 230kw@Rear. So tell me why Rexs can beat a GTR when even our shitty GTsT can manage that much??????

west... what have ya got on your gtst ?? i assume a bigger turbo with that power ? im wanting to pull about 190rwkw once my intercooler is done, but i have full exhaust, safc, boost and intercooler and am hopiung for that, cant see how u could get more than that without some other mod like turbo etc???

DJ_L3THAL, I've got 190rwkw and I've got a full exhaust, intercooler, air filter and Apexi power Fc running 12-13psi on standard turbo. You'll need to hi flow or change the Turbo for any more...You'll the need to feed the beast with more either bigger injections or fuel pressure regulator and a new fuel pump...