SAU Community

Nissan Skyline vs Subaru WRX

IOWNU

Well on paper there is more torque in a GTR - if yer talking 33 GTR then specs are:

Skyline R33 GT-R:

RB26DETT 2569cc DOHC 24 valve EFI Straight 6 Twin Turbo 208kw @ 6800rpm 367nm @ 4400rpm 8000rpm 1530 kg 5.30 seconds 13.30 seconds

Skyline R34:

25GT-Turbo RB25DET 2498cc NEO DOHC 24 valve EFI Straight 6 Turbo 206kw @ 6400rpm 343nm @ 3200rpm 7000rpm 1410 kg 6.00 seconds 14.20 seconds

So it will cost whatever is needed to decrease the 1/4 mile time to 13.3 secs. [assuming both stock].

Perhaps $1-2K spent on the right mods could get you into the mid-low 13's [full exhaust, intake, boost, etc]. look at rev210, he has recorded a 13.3 with standard turbo and cooler [r33gtst]. You would still have money left over...from not buying the GTR.

Of course the GTR is still a GTR!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gave a 2000 model WRX on 17 PSI a go put it this way i wasnt full throttle and i was beating him 1 car length i could let go and back off and then give it again and i was by his door that was on half throttle mines stock running standard boost 10 psi 5 pounds per turbo he had an advantage on boost but obviously not enough , he couldnt belive what boost i was running :burnout: :D

ive smoked plenty rex's standing start,the 3 times ive come up next to sti's standing start the passed be like i was stuck in reverse tho i smoked the bags a bit of the start, they all modded i suspect,just cant launch like them as for a gtr theyd have no F@#$ing hope!,anyhows we have performance history rex drivers have a subaru leone with a steroid shot

I hang down there a fair bit on weekends too but I dont waste my fuel driving up and down all night :P

I think I have seen you too R34GTT-R

U guys coming to heathcote?

yes blk / std kit - but you wouldnt have seen it on chapel!

heathcote is June first - only a couple more weeks on a sunday, check the Vic - events section. Would be good to get a few 34's down there ;-)

long trek to chapel ten, you in bendigo or ?

30km south of calder in harcourt,bendigo sux man unless u wanna drag d!ckheads in there mums barina's and swifts plus we have epa up here every month trying to put us all off the road as the coppers hate the kids who cut blockies all night,im not even that much of a wog but chapel owns its a sick cruise and i get plenty of line ups down there,im keen to get involved in these illegal street meets but dont know no one.(pm message me if u do)

ps:got done a couple of months ago on way to chapel 178 in a 100 couldnt outrun a vyss damn speed cut ,so chapel is out for me for a year,i got no trouble getting a chauffeur to drive me in my car tho