SAU Community

Wrx Club Driver Training At Calder Only $70

Budge

Chris - if you read the supp regs, scrutineering starts at 2pm, so you will need to be there around that time.

Also, drivers breifing is at 3.45pm and if you miss this, you wont be allowed on the track.

Chris - if you read the supp regs, scrutineering starts at 2pm, so you will need to be there around that time.

Also, drivers breifing is at 3.45pm and if you miss this, you wont be allowed on the track.

actually I did but obviously didn't undertstand them! Thanks for the clarification.

It will only be driver training entries that are $70

Timed speed entries are still $140

But if you have already paid $120 (previous DT cost) with the intention of only doing Driver Training then contact Clarissa - [email protected]

Does that mean with the $120 i paid, i still get times sessions after the driver training?

As opposed to just driver training for $70.

If you enter the driver training group you have the ability to take out a more experienced driver to show you the lines, braking points etc. The driver trainers are usually WRX Club members with lots of experience. All Driver training instructors need the approval of the clerk of course. As a driver trainer you will not be timed at any stage of the event.

If you have already paid $120 to enter the DT group contact Clarissa at [email protected] and she will be able to deal with it.

If you want to enter as a normal driver is will be $140 and all sessions will be timed. If you have been to calder before you will be grouped with cars with similar lap times to the one you state on your entry form.

If you have track experience (but have not driven at calder) a standard WRX with a good driver is about 1:10 so somewhere a couple of seconds either side of that should see you right depending on your car and your experience.

i shall be there... once i fax forms / pay 2morow...

scared now :~(

he he, no need to be scared as you can drive as fast as you feel comfortable

That's the whole point the Driver Training Groups >_<

What happens if the event is rained out? Do you still go ahead with the day?

The clerk of course gets to make that call on the day.

But if it is seriously wet the day wont go ahead. A slight drizzle wont stop a track day. Plus it's way more fun with a little water - trust me!

If their is standing water the clerk of course will call the day done.