SAU Community

New Bushes... Need A Wheel Align

Cubes

I'm about to do a set of front end and rear bushes in my 32.

AVS has shut there doors. Has any one got any recommendations for some others that don't opt for the attitude 'close enough is good enough'?

I've previously delt with Bridgestone Tyre Center at Noarlunga and they were top notch, BUT... its a little out my way to drive such a distance without having any sort of alignment at all.

There should be a bridgestone tyre center closer to your location, they all do great job

Yep I have been eyeing off the Bridgestone behind centerlink at Marion.

They keep semi's in stock so no doubt they are in to the performance side of things a little more than some others.

Actually Steve works at Manta Racing in Richmond. I somehow got redirected there from ringing Stable, but yeah, went to see him at Manta. Official Bilstein dealer in SA, has a race car, so I'd say he does good work. Workshop is also spotless, something good to look for.

I'll also say give Jarrod a try at North Terrace Tyres. Very helpful guy and sets up a lot of race cars, so I doubt he'd do the "close enough is good enough thing"

Short of that, ring any motorsport tyre dealer. They SHOULD know their stuff and do good work.

This includes;

North Terrace tyres

Jack Baker Tyrepower (not sure if they're still a motorsport dealer though)

Bridgestone Macgill

City Discount Tyre Keswick

Adelaide Radial Tyre

Tyrepower Blackwood

Think there are others (motorsport dealers), but I cant think of them at the moment. :)

Edited by salad

Light Wheel Alignment, they are in the city on a side street "near" Repco.

I was very impressed with my last wheel alignment there (old car) and will be taking current car there too.

I'd personally recommend who I took my car to.

Wise Choice Tyres down at Londsdale. I've only got the stock suspension, but the guy that did my car spent an hour going over it making sure it was all ok, he took me with him for a short drive twice & talked about how he thought it was before making final adjustments. It didn't leave until he was satified, he adjusting camber settings & all. Was very impressed & it cost me only $50. They take great pride in their work. It had been to Bob Jane the same day after having already been there once only a few weeks earlier before the wheel alignment went right out. THEY ARE CRAP

Wise Choice also have some of the best tyre prices around too (I've never been quoted a lower price anywhere else on ANY tyre they offer) & the guys there are very enthusiastic, they loved my car. Tell them you know the guy with the nice red skyline that was there only last week & they'll probably know who you're on about :yes:

My 10c worth

Edited by JazzaR33

Wise Choice

lol, used to work ummmm 'closely' >_< with Wice Choice's bosses daughter at Ferraris Formalwear (she still works for them, at the Tonsley store) - absolute stunner of a blonde, great bod, bit blonde on the brain tho hehehe.

ahh I digress, sweet memories. anyways, the Light Wheel Alignment place was the one the ex-AVS worker told me to go to. So that says something.

lol, used to work ummmm 'closely' >_< with Wice Choice's bosses daughter at Ferraris Formalwear (she still works for them, at the Tonsley store) - absolute stunner of a blonde, great bod, bit blonde on the brain tho hehehe.

ahh I digress, sweet memories. anyways, the Light Wheel Alignment place was the one the ex-AVS worker told me to go to. So that says something.

Hmmmm wonders what i could use a suit hire for??? :happy:

Yeh i went to Light Wheel Alignment a few years back with the Statesman, when nobody could straighten up the lovely IRS cambered out back wheels when i slammed it, They did good work!

Hmmmm wonders what i could use a suit hire for??? >_<

Yeh i went to Light Wheel Alignment a few years back with the Statesman, when nobody could straighten up the lovely IRS cambered out back wheels when i slammed it, They did good work!

I had a VS 5ltr 5speed thing that had IRS. It sat on superlow Bilstein suspension.

That had massive rear camber where new tyres only lasted 5000km's. :happy:

Bridgestone at Noarlunga sorted out the camber and had it running from memory -0.5 on both sides and it hooked up so so much better. I was then able to launch it with around 2500rpm vs just off idle without the camber kit.

My left wheel was worse than the right *on ya Holden* so they had to throw spacers under the spring to level up the left and right height.

But turned out really good. Cost me $500 for the camber kit. I believe the camber kit was from Whiteline also.

Pedders and others at the time claimed they had a camber kit but it was nothing more than a toe kit with limited adjustment.

lol... then it ripped the swaybar risers out of the struts, then the rear IRS subframe split completely from one of the diff bolt up holes, then the diff went, then the gearbox. It was fine with stockish power levels. Anything more and the drive line couldn't hold it. :S

I had a VS 5ltr 5speed thing that had IRS. It sat on superlow Bilstein suspension.

That had massive rear camber where new tyres only lasted 5000km's. :P

Bridgestone at Noarlunga sorted out the camber and had it running from memory -0.5 on both sides and it hooked up so so much better. I was then able to launch it with around 2500rpm vs just off idle without the camber kit.

My left wheel was worse than the right *on ya Holden* so they had to throw spacers under the spring to level up the left and right height.

But turned out really good. Cost me $500 for the camber kit. I believe the camber kit was from Whiteline also.

Pedders and others at the time claimed they had a camber kit but it was nothing more than a toe kit with limited adjustment.

lol... then it ripped the swaybar risers out of the struts, then the rear IRS subframe split completely from one of the diff bolt up holes, then the diff went, then the gearbox. It was fine with stockish power levels. Anything more and the drive line couldn't hold it. :S

My god that sounds just like my VQ Statesman, My IRS subframe cracked also, so when i was reversing the crack would open up and my camber went to like 10 deg neg! >_< and my diff went, so i got 3.8 ratios put in instead of the stock 3.08! and BANG the G/Box went also! But i think the only difference between us Cubes............. was that i had K-mac adjustables not Whiteline! :happy:

My last job i was given the task of welding brackets to the IRS x-members that we received from holdens, then return em.

Constantly -im talking 1 out of 12 in a rack- was completely farked . Due to them being made and welded by a robot there was no quality on the welds. They didnt care either, just weld em send em out...I complained about it...*just keep welding*..

Someone mentioned they only offers 12 months warranty of the diff? Shows great confidence in their product..

Edited by Bl4cK32

Which bushes are you talking about cubes? cradle or suspension control arms?

My rear cradle bushes went a while back{leaking silicon on drive way} and had solid aluminium cones put in and they really steadied up the rear. They were custom made $600 pair and save you having to drop the rear cradle completely {just push through the old ones} so save labour cost's and are perfect for drifting set ups etc.

My front radius rods and top suspension control arms bushes needed replacing and I had them replaced recently with offset camber ones by steve at manta .All up radius rod kit $249 and adjustable off set camber kit $517 including fitting . Of course wheel alignment $40 and the car perfoms better than new .

The car was starting to drift all over the place before it was done .

He also drilled and fitted grease points aswell included in above price. Money well spent I think.

The aluminium cones however took 6 weeks to get hold of due to supply and demand .

All plus gst though. >_<