SAU Community

AutoSalon Photos/Comments

AndyMac

Saluations

AutoSalon, Sydney wasn't as "ricey" as I thought. I thought that it actually improved since last year, still had heaps of bright cars/mega dollar interiors which most people here aren't into, but it had some nice cars too this year...

Andrew

some quick photo posts

www.users.bigpond.com/voretx

when i saw the news it looked a little ricey but still some nice cars. i was dissapointed with "the car that flies" of whatever it was. it was just some crappy ute with hydrolics. i thought it would hav been a done up old school ute but i was wrong.

autosalon was dissapointing some of the cars wernt even washed ,,,, i was only turnd on by the black 34,,, the carbon bonnets ,, the girls,, and one mettalic black r32 with i thought was the best street car in there,,, but my best enginuity award has to go to the barbie boys quad rotor ,,,, even though the car use to be a stat right off 318is

My experience of the AutoSalon....

$2.20 M4 Toll into Homebush, $10 to park my car, then told It would be an hours wait to get into the showroom at the cost of $18, did a U-turn and went straight back home.

I'll try and make it earlier next year I think.

flirt models rock

:P

same cars as last year

a few try hard skylines there

not a good idea to rev your engine excessively with no load!!

some nice s15s and the same lame rotaries as all years - they never change looks

drug money is still flowing well in NSW

onegod did have nice wheels, best car for me, hmmmmmmm

SGT SX

That metallic black Skyline you are referring to belongs to a friend of mine.

He used to have a Supra which he converted to single turbo and got 300kw at the rear wheels. You may have seen it in a few magazines.

Well, the new car is a R32 GTR which he personally flew to Japan to select.

Amongst the goodies, it has a single turbo conversion (T88). It will hit the tracks soon.

I would expect with over 450hp at the wheels, it should easily run 10's

The plates are carried over from the Supra and are "FLYBYE".

Also on display with this car was another GTR "DARDVL" which was dynoed with 440+kw at the wheels.

Originally posted by Mr Rb20

That metallic black Skyline you are referring to belongs to a friend of mine.

He used to have a Supra which he converted to single turbo and got 300kw at the rear wheels. You may have seen it in a few magazines.

Well, the new car is a R32 GTR which he personally flew to Japan to select.

Amongst the goodies, it has a single turbo conversion (T88). It will hit the tracks soon.  

I would expect with over 450hp at the wheels, it should easily run 10's

The plates are carried over from the Supra and are "FLYBYE".

Also on display with this car was another GTR "DARDVL" which was dynoed with 440+kw at the wheels.

That would be Tim, hes succeeded in putting together another sweet car. The 32 looks awesome.

Jerrys Maroon 32 looks good also.

Yes, i agree that many of the cars there could not have possibly been funded in legitimate ways and are a bit sus but, i can assure you that the guys in Autostyle do not and have not participated in that activity and are genuine cars.

I find it funny and amusing at times and shitty too listening to ppl say, hey those cars are all from drug money bla bla bla

Its a good idea to have facts to back up your statements before you post some shit....

There is your groups who i admit have made their money illegitamately, but the majority havent, have you guys ever heard of bank loans, credit cards, working hard saving money.

A lot of ppl can afford to take out loan and pay them off a well as living comfortably, having a well paid job takes care of that, but its annoying to hear ppl generalising and calling ppl drug dealers just becauase themselves cant get off their asses and build a car for themsellves....

Chill Dude. There just reffering to the ones who u can tell that is where they get their money

But dude thats my point, HOW can you tell???

As the saying goes " never judge a book by its coverr"

I have been called DRug dealer, criminal, thief, you nam it i been called it... WHY you ask?? Because im from MIddle eastern Appearance ( im a lebbo) and i drive around hotted up cars... even though i dont drink, smoke, never takin drugs, never been in trouble with the law(except speeding etc), but hey ppl have the right to call me all these names beacuse i decide to spend my money on cars.......

Thats my point, how can you tell???