SAU Community

Aac Valve And Greddy Style Plenum?

BAMR33

I'm in the process of buying a Greddy knock-off plenum and there doesn't appear to be any place for Aac Valve could someone inform me to how they dealt with this issue. My idea is to perhaps make a flange and weld it onto the cooler pipe before the throttle body.

Another idea is to run without it, as to my understanding all it does is control the idle at start up when other inputs are actively draining power from the system.

Brett

I'm in the process of buying a Greddy knock-off plenum and there doesn't appear to be any place for Aac Valve could someone inform me to how they dealt with this issue. My idea is to perhaps make a flange and weld it onto the cooler pipe before the throttle body.

Another idea is to run without it, as to my understanding all it does is control the idle at start up when other inputs are actively draining power from the system.

Brett

Hey Brett, The knock off does have the fitting for the standard AAC valve.

post-12162-1168945373.jpg

Doesn't really matter if it has provision for one or not they are easily added.

I have a GReddy knock off on my SR20 and I have recently welded up the spot the AAC mounts on. (I just thought it distrurbed the air flow too much) all you need to do to add one is put a barbed fitting into the manifold and you can run that whole AAC from a remote location.

not really

How so? Why will an engine with management system designed to have an AAC regulate air flow under closed throttle idle properly without that device fitted? Is it commonly eliminated, and why do the factory engineers deem it necessary?

Not looking for a debate, just some info to increase my knowledge and understanding.

cheers

On my home PC i have a pic of the insides of a Genium Greddy and the copy and you cant pick them apart.

That is a very bold statement!!

The casting is very cheap and nasty, both inside and out. I bought a knock-off and plan to "touch" it up b4 fitment.

The GReddy are WAAAAY better units

post-12162-1169030097.jpg

That is a very bold statement!!

The casting is very cheap and nasty, both inside and out. I bought a knock-off and plan to "touch" it up b4 fitment.

The GReddy are WAAAAY better units

Im not argueing the Genuin item is the best, but for the price of the cast manifold and the debate over performance gains etc i am going to try the copy.

I have below some comparison pics. the first is the greddy genuin and the second the copy. Now they are not fair photos as the copy pic is a close up and the camera flash brings out the bumps.

The legit photo was taken from http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=203859 just incase people think i dodged em lol

Once again from these pics id say the Greddy is smoother but if u look at the runners the cast ruffness is very similar. For the money the knock off is pretty good internally.

Just my extra 5c worth of bla bla :D

post-12162-1169030126.jpg

oh ok. I can't wait till my design is finished. I am making my own, running it in cad and then Phoenix to get optimum design. JUST NEED MORE TIME

I really doubt you could design something better than that is essentially a GReddy plenum, even if you were a graduated Engineering student.

tmc 2: I totally agree with you. A little cleaning up, a bit of sanding on the out surface and possibly a Powder Coat and all will look sweet.

For the price, i too purchased the copy, but the GReddy unit is undeniably better quality: Even in the pics, and pics tend to hide some things. :D