SAU Community

Aac Valve And Greddy Style Plenum?

BAMR33

Forget the abrassive cleaning, by the time you fork out $500+ to clean it you may as well have bought the better manifold. I bought the knock off as well and spend about 14hrs cleaning the inside mine. You can get a better finish then the factory Greddy but the quality of the casting is no where near the same.

I went down to bunning and got a 12" shaft that fits into a drill (You may be able to join them???), and I bought some of those cheap grinding stone.

Previously I had the std SR20 throttle body on so I had limited access. When I changed the flange I had better access and spent a couple more hours cleaning it up.

I got better results in the last couple of hours then I did the previous 10-12 hrs.

Check this thread for some pics of the finished product http://forum.silviansw.com/viewtopic.php?t=25248

i brought one of these, and are actually surprised in the quality, everyone was saying how shit the casting is, the quality of the casting as in strength etc (ie, no air bubbles and no cheap chalky alloy cast) is very comparable to the Greddy original i have fitted to a road car. You rub it back and it is quiete smooth with few 1mmx 1mm air pockets/ pitting... lucky if it is 1 every 50mm.

The finish is rough, but that is only cosmetic, 6 hours polishing and mine is smooth and shiny on the outside. another few hours with the Die grinder and some 30mm flap wheels cleaned out the intake ports,then i match ported them. used a flexible extension and cleaned as far into the manifold as i could

My STD fuel rail never bolted straight up, the 3 bolt holes fitted, but the two closest to the cylinder head did not line up, so i got a piece of 15mm flat aluminium and countersunk some capscrews to clear the fuel rail, bolted it down, and then taped the thread for the top two bolt holes (closest to head). Worked a treat, and the injectors have sealed nicely.

I sourced all the barb fittings required from work, and are working on plumbing it up at the moment, i will get some pics and a walk through of the process during this weekend. plus i will include a list of what hose barbs are required to plum it up.

Look yeah there is some more work with this, but after all you pay between $255 (SAU group buy) & $500. a few hours labour and the finish looks better than the std untouched Greddy. and i can only imagine it would flow very simular. (i am not taking the Original one off to get them flow tested either.. lol)

If your prepared to do some work, cheap front facing intake, as for performance, you will notice a little more response and a little less lag. i only got this one for the race car because i hate changing spark plugs and i recently face the usual Coil Pack issues...

can any1 who's installed one of these copies, please comment on how the installation went? and whether there was much power gained?

Mine lost massive power until I got the tune right again, and then I would say I broke even. What you need to bear in mind is that the different design is going to alter the characteristics of the engine. You will lose some bottom end torque but will pick up top end power.

I found that it made the engine less peaky than the factory setup.