SAU Community

Garrett Gt30r Flavours

I have a stock car and as you may or may not know the turbo went bye bye recently due to or not due to a dump pipe installation that may have or may have not gone pear shaped when they were fiddling around my turbos holes... lol...

Anyway I was going to order a GT3040 the other day when I realised I dont want a lag monster of a car. So my descision is now a GT30R.

I was going to order the GT30R yesterday when I realised it just wasnt that simple. Garrett have a few flavours of the GT30 series...

GT30

GT3071R - 700382-3

GT3071R - 700382-20

GT3076R - 700382-12

I have no idea which one to order, is anyone able to tell me from the spec sheets located:

Turbo by Garrett

Under Medium section, GT30 series.

Any help is appreciated, would like to order one today.

Paul.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my aim was 300kw at the end of this year, I want a turbo that can get the power at ~3000-3200 rpm. I was going to do a turbo upgrade 4 months from now after I had bigger injectors FMIC, management and all that jazz. But now I am forced to do it now, I got no time or money to play around with another second hand turbo or new stock one from nissan.

Well my aim was 300kw at the end of this year, I want a turbo that can get the power at ~3000-3200 rpm. I was going to do a turbo upgrade 4 months from now after I had bigger injectors FMIC, management and all that jazz. But now I am forced to do it now, I got no time or money to play around with another second hand turbo or new stock one from nissan.

If you were staying bog stock then the 3071 BHDave suggested would be slightly more responsive for 300 rwkw I would be going GT3076R - 700382-12 with the .63 AR turbine housing.

On a SR the power comes on about 3500 rpm the RB25/26 should come on around the 3000-3200 your looking for. I have spoken to a few people running them and they are a very streetable turbo for the larger RB engines.

Who are you planning to buy from? Morrie from HPinaBox generally has very prompt delivery and knows his stuff if you don't have someone already lined up.

I run a gt3076r with 0.82ar and its awesome response and power. I am only running 16psi and make 260rwkw (heaps more in it) on a really safe tune and with supporting mods. So I would recommend them on a rb25 and with the smaller 0.62 or 0.63 it would be even more responsive.

Paul,

3200rpm and 300rwkw. It won't be happeneing on an RB25. >_<

RB30 yes, but RB25 no. :happy:

You will be looking at ~4000rpm until your pinned in the seat.

Well on Shauns dyno anyway.

I was under the impression that he was looking for boost to start comming on around 3000-3200 not actually have the 300kw. It will be up towards red line before he get 300kw but boost should start to come on around 3000-3200.

Paul,

3200rpm and 300rwkw. It won't be happeneing on an RB25. >_<

RB30 yes, but RB25 no. :happy:

You will be looking at ~4000rpm until your pinned in the seat.

Well on Shauns dyno anyway.

It'll go close. Probably boost all in by 3400 and 280odd rwkw with the 3071 in .63 on the dyno.

Probably a touch sooner on the street in 4th.

Shit, if my old T300s lump can make 1.4 bar by 3200 in 4th on the street and go on to make 288rwkw, then a new generation 3071 in a .63 should decimate it response wise and have similar top end with better transient response.

I have a stock car
I was going to do a turbo upgrade 4 months from now after I had bigger injectors FMIC, management and all that jazz. But now I am forced to do it now, I got no time or money<snip>

U wont be wanting to stick a gt30 on by itself then. Unless u want another dead turbo soon, or can resist the right foot...

It'll go close. Probably boost all in by 3400 and 280odd rwkw with the 3071 in .63 on the dyno.

Probably a touch sooner on the street in 4th.

Shit, if my old T300s lump can make 1.4 bar by 3200 in 4th on the street and go on to make 288rwkw, then a new generation 3071 in a .63 should decimate it response wise and have similar top end with better transient response.

Yes thats fine.. :happy: I was talking about whats considered to be the real GT30r (6blade etc) .82 that will crack the 300rwkw mark.

That old T300s looked like quite a good thing by its dyno sheets. >_<

The GT3071r .63 I think will struggle past 260rwkw. They are responsive but..... well I really think GT3076r 6blade .82 is for 300rwkw, even then it is on its 'limit' and won't be done unless you run some good boost 20 odd psi, cams might possibly be needed. If you want to step down slightly and pick up a little more response grab the 52t GT37 comp wheel.

Discopotato03 is the man to speak to he knows all the ins and outs of the GT30 and its compressor wheels. He has a thread laying around in here some where.