Garrett Gt30r Flavours

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.. Paul.

I'm in the same boat as you. :huh:

My turbo just let go. Big cloud of smoke. :S

buahahhaha! JOIN THA CLUB BUDDY!!! Slides has said to me 3 weeks to wait for his turbo... im looking for the fastest best option and his turbo is looking like that! hahah who would have thought these things take so long... (to pick 1, to fit 1 and to drive the f**k away).

buahahhaha! JOIN THA CLUB BUDDY!!! Slides has said to me 3 weeks to wait for his turbo... im looking for the fastest best option and his turbo is looking like that! hahah who would have thought these things take so long... (to pick 1, to fit 1 and to drive the f**k away).

Both slide and VPW have informed me that Garrett AUS are out of cores for the GT30R series. I orderd a GT3040 .63 rear, and was informed mid feb that it would be ready. I went with VPW as they are gerographically closer to deal with for warranty proposes and my company deals with them, so FIS shipping.

Slide's price was the one of the best I could find in the country at this current time, he IS friggin cheap......a great thing for SAU users / members. Luckily I can wait as my car is going nowhere right now.

Go the 3076 you wont be dissapointed and there should still be good stocks of them (I have just waited 2 months for mine to turn up)

Edit:

Just checked with Morrie @ HPinabox he is out of stock again. He had several but they quickly went.

Edited by AWD2Go

Go the 3076 you wont be dissapointed and there should still be good stocks of them (I have just waited 2 months for mine to turn up)

Edit:

Just checked with Morrie @ HPinabox he is out of stock again. He had several but they quickly went.

you talkin to me?

I have an RB20....and have ext. gate setup, has to be a 3040

you talkin to me?

I have an RB20....and have ext. gate setup, has to be a 3040

No to Pauly but why couldn't you use it the 3076 is external gate T3 flange the same as the 3040.

Edited by AWD2Go

the .63 comes only as internal gate from memmory in the 3076

Nope I have a .63 external gate, you have three external options .63, .82 and 1.06 I think.

I personally dont like the 3040 it is a laggy turbo and the curve coming onto boost is not all that pretty. It has a lazzy curve.

Just the regular GT3076R - 700382-12 I just ordered the .63 A/R when I ordered mine. I sent Morrie an email early and he is trying to get his hands on some more GT3076R's. Housing he may even have in stock.

Nope cant find it anywhere....

http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/HPIAB2/prod18.htm --> nissan .63 rear (INT. gated)

I see the 3037 reffered to as the 3076 often, but Im guessing trim sizes are different in reality

http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/HPIAB2/prod19.htm ---> GT3040 .63 external gate

Unless this housing is put onto the 3076 core and compressor cover?

Edited by Wheezy

yeah Garrett list the turbo as a GT3076R but when you get it it has 3037 on the tag. I just asked Morrie for the.63 housing when I ordered. I am fairly sure that unit come minus the turbine housing anyway, so it's just a case of choosing what you want.

The advert say it comes with .7 housing it actually comes with the .6 A/R comp housing.

Edited by AWD2Go

Grab the garrett .63 int. gate not the butchered rb housing.

Mines not butchered its just a normal 4 bolt 3" outlet with a nice taper up to the flange. The inlet is central and square. http://upload.silviansw.com/CT18U.JPG (my old GT2871R on the left)

http://upload.silviansw.com/CT10U.JPG

http://upload.silviansw.com/CT09U.JPG

1679-6 is the part number for the housing

Edited by AWD2Go

Edit:

hey AWD2go im going Garrett GT3076

Its going to be done my Bill Kane at Adelaide Turbo Services, hes assured me that the custom tubrocharger kit he makes up custom himself is one of a kind in Australia and is a very nice direct bolt up replacement for my stock manifold 2 dump. Hes quoted me well and has been a great help in changing my mind. Cant wait till next week when I go in.

Thanks everyone for helping me out youve been great get urself a :( yeah?

Paul.