SAU Community

Garrett Gt30r Flavours

Bill knows the blokes down at MTQ as they are Australia's largest distrubutor, then there's GCG, Ray Halls, Roto Master and a couple others.

You took that statement the wrong way.

It comes down to this and ONLY this.

Bill's highflow DOES NOT have the R&D GCG's highflow does. Have a look at GCG's website and their highflow pics, its definitely not just a GT30 core slapped inside the RB housings.

Really I don't care which way you go. :P

I'm simply pointing out the tried and proven highflow where you cannot go wrong, no surprises no disappointments you know what you are getting.

If your willing to take a risk to try something new that really is great. I hope it works out well, if it does we have a much greater choice of highflows available.

A little while back on a cruise I was talking to pixel8r about his setup, said the turbo he now has is a little laggy. Thats not something I've heard from the GCG highflows.

:(

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um. i think bill said something about using GCG parts for the rest of the turbos housing. im going in there with a mate 2moro to see exactly what im getting for that price. pixel8r got the same kit I asked him about Bill's service and he said the same thing. Excellent. dont change my mind now my cars been thru hell and has been off the road for 2 weeks and I cant be f**ked looking now for diff options as I have made my mind up and dont mind spending extra $$$ for peace of mind. I'm getting guarantees and warantees and helpful assistance. Bill told me ill see 300kw with this package hes making up for me. im getting what im paying ~2500 for dont u worry. and cubes the turbo is good for 500hp. thats ~340kw if im not mistaken just off the top of my head, with GCG made up kit to bolt my fabricated dump pipe back on and not to make a waste of anything seems good to me. Im doing it tomorow and i'll be done with it. EMU, Injectors and an FMIC will see me at the power I want then ill start doing stuff engine and manifold side of things. its all happening within 3-4 weeks so i dont need to hear from u "ur doing stuff all wrong" because no matter how marginally a time frame im doing it, its all getting done and the car will see 245kw fairly soon on a safe tune. thanks once again

Paul.

with all due respect to pixel8r, his car makes less power than a standard turbo....

perhaps his turbo has more headroom (maybe it will, maybe it won't due to the turbine housing) but it doesn't look like a good or sensible match to his needs or his current level of modification and the proof was in the results he came back with.

you are getting great advice from cubes, black32 etc and trident, perhaps really listening is the way to go.

Edited by wolverine

I was only getting grumpy cause Black32 said Bill was a nice bloke and just a good salesman.

Go back and re read the thread. I said -

Bill is a good salesman, ill give him that

You got grumpy yourself the post before i replied with the above.

You need to sit down, think about what u want, then ask advice. Be prepared for others who have travelled your path before with conflicting advice to what u believe is true...

People here speak from real world experience

wat u have been giving isnt exactly advice. im going to try this "new setup" which bill has done to alot of R33s and has told me is a common upgrade. Im paying "extra" cash because i dont want a second hand turbo OF ANY SORT. do u understand me now. please dont correct me unless i need correcting. i suggest u go back and read what ive been writing before you get all high and mighty on me from your REAL WORLD experience and as ive told u bill has installed more turbos than u have seen ur own mother. maybe you should ring him up and ask him exactly what hes doing to my car so u can understand further. i wouldnt be going there if MTQ was cheaper as a Garrett dealership i suppose they would be better! bills told me hes gonna be doing same thing as they do. end of story.

my car wont be laggy because ILL HAVE THE SUPPORTING MODS THAT PIXEL8R DOESNT HAVE WHICH HE HAS TOLD ME ABOUT.

Point is also : THIS IS ADELAIDE NOT MELB OR SYD. this shits gonna be more expensive. MTQ quoted me 1600 for what slide gives out for 1000 dollars. geez.

Edited by Pauly33GTS-t

Who knows cubes i think i wrote that with a smile on my face dont bother reading it if u feel offended. no doubt black32 will say something now. all i need to do is wait no doubt then defend myself further. god. cubes least u were nice enought to point me in a few good directions of where to go in the nice long PMS u wrote me on what to do.

wat u have been giving isnt exactly advice. im going to try this "new setup" which bill has done to alot of R33s and has told me is a common upgrade. Im paying "extra" cash because i dont want a second hand turbo OF ANY SORT. do u understand me now. please dont correct me unless i need correcting. i suggest u go back and read what ive been writing before you get all high and mighty on me from your REAL WORLD experience and as ive told u bill has installed more turbos than u have seen ur own mother. maybe you should ring him up and ask him exactly what hes doing to my car so u can understand further. i wouldnt be going there if MTQ was cheaper as a Garrett dealership i suppose they would be better! bills told me hes gonna be doing same thing as they do. end of story.

I never said get a 2nd hand turbo? :laugh:

Never got high and mighty either. Cubes and Trident offered you their opinion (based on their experience, never said my real world experience), and you replied

its all happening within 3-4 weeks so i dont need to hear from u "ur doing stuff all wrong" because no matter how marginally a time frame im doing it, its all getting done

I was simply asking why you got snappy at people who offered their opinions. No need to try to defend anything.

I personally dont care how many turbos Bill has installed, good for him if he cracks 1 million of em.

Calm down stress can kill.

Edited by Bl4cK32

hehe at least... :laugh:

Not offended Paul. :(

Pixel8r runs an Auto. Auto's spool turbo's much earlier than their manual brothers.

But do take on board that GCG are 'in to' and own RB's and have sunk the $$ in to R&D, something ATS and MQT has not done.

GCG have developed a turbo/highflow for the RB and it works better than anything else out there on the market for the given power,average power,spool and response.

They know the limits of the std hitachi housing and don't try to push it past that.

Have a quick read back and look for discopotato03's posts regarding the hitachi housing and how its nozzles are not optimal.

This is exactly why GCG have gone bout playing with their highflow instead of doing it on the cheap and simply grabbing a chra then machining housings up so it bolts together with absolutely no R&D.

The MQT/ATS setup will work ok and still make power but it can be improved upon.

UNLESS ATS is simply grabbing a GCG highflow and bolting it on to your car. This is what you have to find out. Exactly what are they doing, a workshop is a workshop, they will always push what they sell. You know this. :laugh: