SAU Community

You Know You Drive A Skyline When .. ... .

Haha I can relate. I told my neighbours to go f**k herself cuz she thought I was speeding in out court (loud exhaust) was actually the neighbours mum. He is a cop. Comes to my door to talk to me and whilst he was talking told him to get off my f**king property and slammed the door in his face :D

Wow great job at being civil. Perhaps if you were friendly and explained the reasoning for why she might have thought you were speeding when you weren't might have gotten you somewhere.

If you talk to a cop like that then he will go out of his way to mess with you.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow great job at being civil. Perhaps if you were friendly and explained the reasoning for why she might have thought you were speeding when you weren't might have gotten you somewhere.

If you talk to a cop like that then he will go out of his way to mess with you.

And if they do that they are not behaving like a Police Officer should be and they get in trouble like an unfortunate Constable up my way :yes:

when you know the servo guy's name and he notices if you don't show for a week :D

I work in a servo and this happens all the time. I have plenty of regulars I see either daily or a few times a week. But none of them are skylines!

Seriously, I see Skylines drive past all the time, and none of you come visit me :P

I work in a servo and this happens all the time. I have plenty of regulars I see either daily or a few times a week. But none of them are skylines!

Seriously, I see Skylines drive past all the time, and none of you come visit me :D

what servo though haha

You know you drive a Skyline when there's only been 3 cars you've seen in 12 months that could beat your car around a track or in a straight line, and they're all Skylines.

Edited by kronz

-you know that downforce actually helps

-you spending ages thinking/searching for ridiculously sized rims (18x14s)

-you avoid cops at all cost (well maybe that's a victorian thing)

-you plan trips are where BP station are.

-you plan ridiculous modifications to the car, research parts that you ll never buy or be able to afford.

You know you drive a skyline when:

-you have developed a highly sensitive "skyline sense" that tingles the back of your neck and makes you feel paranoid whenever you are within a few hundred meters of police presence and/or camera's, far before any of your mates even realise there are cops to their amazement

-Your car has a strange power which effects the minds of a small portion of australias population. Causing them to momentarily slip into a rage of swearing and making obscene gestures at your car, whilst you drive at 5kph under the limit. Otherwise friendly looking old ladies seem to be the most susceptible to this mysterious power.

-parking your car near a group of 30-40yr old blokes that are standing around chatting, has the uncanny effect of steering their conversation in the direction of bathurst in the early 90's.

Edited by Crackfox

• 9 months later...

Both already said:

You know you drive a Skyline when you see another Skyline on the road and feel compelled to tell everyone else within earshot.

You drive your $30,000 350Z as a daily because you don't want to wreck your $8000 R32 GTST

"..you drive it slowly on the road just to admire your ride on the reflection of the glassy-buildings, and you tell yourself "Damn..that's hot!" lol"

Guilty!

when you see stove plate lights in the distance at night and go to catch up to see if it's a skyline, only to find out it's not a skyline lolz.

when you wash and chammy your car, and you inspect the paintwork meticulously for any chips, bugs and tar, then spend hours fixing, polishing.

when you have the local tow truck on speed dial!

when the local auto parts shops know you on a first name basis.

when you just have to have the skyline under cover when parked.

when your suspension is harder than the V8 supercars(a twig feels like a branch when you run over it).

"..you drive it slowly on the road just to admire your ride on the reflection of the glassy-buildings, and you tell yourself "Damn..that's hot!" lol"

when you see stove plate lights in the distance at night and go to catch up to see if it's a skyline, only to find out it's not a skyline lolz.

when you wash and chammy your car, and you inspect the paintwork meticulously for any chips, bugs and tar, then spend hours fixing, polishing.

when the local auto parts shops know you on a first name basis.

Guilty of all three. Expect the local parts shop knows me by face only. Not name yet. I keep changing where I buy stuff.

You know you drive a skyline when you rejoice at a local businesses bankruptcy because it means there's a parking spot available where you can see you car from your desk.

when you wash and chammy

car, and you inspect the paintwork meticulously for any chips, bugs and tar, then spend hours fixing, polishing.

LOL - agreed. It takes me hours to get over even minor damage I've just noticed ;p