SAU Community

R32 Aircon Refrigerant Temp

Cubes

Once you can get to the boxes under the dash you can remove them individually. From the left is the blower then the evaporator then the heater core. Remove the evaporator first (in the middle) and separate the box so check it for leaks/oily stains. On reassembly make sure you get some new foam to seal up the joins of the boxes from clark rubber. If you dont have a leak in the evaporator take a look see at the heater core. Its harder to remove and harder to separate. There is a main flap in it (air mix door?) that runs thru the guts of it and took me awhile to realise on one end of it there is a small screw holding the middle of it together. So dont force it. There is a reason its not coming apart hehe

Deren

I've started to give this a go without removing the dash.

Any one have pics of all sides of the evaporator box?

The front half is seperating but its like the rear lower half is still attached by a screw.

argg

A/C evap doesn't need to come out. Just need to get to the heater core.

Fingers crossed I can remove the heater core without having to remove the a/c evaporator.

I did explain to you that there is a screw holding it together....To do any work on the boxes you gotta remove them first...

The evaporator deffinately needs to be removed to get the heater box out. Keeping in mind before you remove any of these boxes you gotta disconnect the lines connected to them from the engine bay side so u can pull them thru. While your there you may aswell remove the blower box as it'll give you more room to manouver the heater box (prick to remove with body reinforcement still in car) The blower box is only held in by 4 nuts.

My problem is I have just paid to have the a/c serviced.

To remove the evaporator I'm going to have to have it degassed and then regassed. :D

is that correct? Or is there another way around it. :)