SAU Community

12.9 @ 111.49 Stock Turbo GTSt 33

Hey... How are ya Macka... :P I sure do remember those threads :D

Adam they were the stock turbo's I was talking about.. :D

The RB20DET is a smaller motor hence it consumes less air hence less rotation speed for the same psi compared to a RB25DET. :)

I'm surprised the RB20DET Turbo has lasted this long actually. Its getting close if not already passed 1 year since i've been running it at 16psi.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome result! That's the first 12 I've heard of on the stock turbo.

I also run around 1 Bar on my stock turbo and I've had no problems. I think most ppl are just a little conservative with their turbos. In my experience, the S1 turbo is good for 1 Bar, but ppl just like to repeat what they've heard about them failing at this level. They may not last as long as one at stock boost, but that's just a fact of life when you turn up the boost. I've given mine many a spirited run and no blades have come off (yet :D hehe).

That said, there's no way I'd run this boost on the racetrack. Guaranteed turbo failure.

S1 stock Turbo's are only around the $500 mark anyhow I believe, not going to be a -huge- repair bill if something does go wrong.

My thoughts to ben, as long as I don`t get a heap of broken compressor bits through the engine when it goes. I am thinking about scraping the TD06 idea and developing the stock turbo more. It certainly is alot cheaper.

Originally posted by benm

S1 stock Turbo's are only around the $500 mark anyhow I believe, not going to be a -huge- repair bill if something does go wrong.

When I was trying to get a good VG30BB from JMS I asked them how much a S1 R33 Turbo was and they told me $800-$900. :D

Great time! Have you had the turbo off the car?

Mine came off and had a modified front wheel, and the ceramic rear wheel was changed. You might have gotten lucky too!

Excellent times none-the-less!

matt

Originally posted by -Joel-

It would be quite interesting to see Matt's 1/4 slip and compare  it to the stock turbo one. :)

Not the 16.3 one either.. :)

Yeah 111+mph is better than a few upgraded turbo GTS25t's!

My turbo has the potential to get me a bit quicker over the 1/4. 115.83mph on a 13.60 with 2.667 60ft shows this. The larger the turbo & the harder it comes on boost the trickier it becomes to launch successfully, unless you have very very good traction :)

The nice progressive power delivery of the stockie makes it much easier to launch, or more to the point even with a so-so launch the car will still be quick over the 1/4. Take our 60ft's in my 13.0 @ 113 & Matt's (BOOSTD) 12.9 @ 111 - I actually have a quicker 60! (2.238 vs 2.247) But where Matt's turbo would recover quickly from the bogged launch mine would be still spooling up.

The Microtech can probably do the same task? But as I like my old HKS EVC I've never bothered to look into it. Lazy bugger ain't I :)

Ahh I like the challenge of doing it the hard way :)

I have had the turbo off, because no one believed it was stock when it produced 218rwkw, and yes it is dead stock... go figure. It does have a fuel filter the size of a Milo tin and a bocsh motorsport pump(installed after last dyno) and I must say the high flowing fuel system did give it a noticable increased shove into the back of the seat.

Power FC indicates injector duty at 99.8% and my Stock A/F meter runs out of resolution @ 5000rpm. As you can see there is nothing left in it. Thinking about a Z32 A/F meter and adjustable fuel regulator- has to be more tuning to be had up above 5000rpm.

What power were u making before you did the fuel system?

Im on 203rwkw with the stock ecu and stock turbo but have a malpassi fuel regulator sitting ready to be installed/tuned. Hoping this will give me those extra few rwkw that I want.

Originally posted by benm

What power were u making before you did the fuel system?  

Im on 203rwkw with the stock ecu and stock turbo but have a malpassi fuel regulator sitting ready to be installed/tuned. Hoping this will give me those extra few rwkw that I want.

I haven't dynoed it since I installed the pump, but, it did half my detonation levels. Must have been running alittle lean.:confused:

Hello all just like to get a few things right.

the TD-06 I used was from a VG30ET, yes pretty old school but worked very well, it uses an actuator and bolted onto the standard Manifold, starts making boost from 3,000 and really starts to kick in at 4,000. It is not a 600+ hp Turbo either, td-06 19C. It made 302kw's @ the wheels at Tilbrooks Dyno Center running 1.2bar boost. We couldnt go more as the standard manifold was restricting things. The $1,800 for the Turbo was a bargain , 11.3 @ 122mph is testiment to that.

tOOK bOOSTD for a drive in it today, I'm sure he will confirm what I said.

Terry