SAU Community

Heathcote 1st June.. Anybody interested?

predator

Hey..

Is anybody interested in creating a group run to Heathcote Drags on Sunday 1st June??

Well I've never been myself, but apparently Heathcote is a bit quieter than Calder and allows you more runs and less hectic. Last time at Calder I only got about 4 runs in, and would have liked more time to practice my launches and things in getting a more decent 13sec run. Friday night @ Calder also isn't ideal in terms of getting there early from work and things like that (for me at least)

Heathcote is about a 110km drive north from Melbourne and not far from Bendigo. Would make a great day trip for spectators, and those that want to run... leave 8am or so, get there 9-10am or so and spend the rest of the day prepping our cars and hopefully getting in some 10+ runs.

Anyway, its not a definitive plan *as yet* however just seeing who would be interested.

p.s. doesn't have to be 1st June as they are every 2 weeks on the Sundays.. just my suggestion.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind coming along if I can... Never been to a meet/cruise - dunno if this would be the best place to meet SAU members (distance) but it'd still be good fun!

I'm always driving to my parents farm which is 10mins this side of Heathcote (was actually gonna have a look at the drags last time I was down there...no time.)

Car's not modified, but wouldn't mind seeing what I can achieve before playing with things though.

If u get your cooler in by then.. should be interesting. Will u have your license back by then? :D

I want to try on my stockie wheels..maybe even some octane booster. I just want time to be able to stop, try this, try that, and have a few runs and experiment a bit without waiting for 40 mins just for another run. So hard at calder!

cooks44: if it goes ahead, it would be something like meet in melb, travel up to Heathcote togther, drag for the day, and then come back to melb later that night. Maybe even stop at the pub for a couple of beers before heading back.

hjahaha

15th man 15th.. haha by all means.. call 1300 851185 and ask for some one that stuffed dannys pay up and yell at em hahaha

and then il get my money.. and il buy ur exhaust...

hahaha

if not exhaust of and run straight out of cat....

I maybe interested if my car is ready by then to run again.

The last 2 times I've been out to Heathcote was for the LS1 private meet (the 1st one got rained out) and there were 50 cars and Emre managed to do over 20 runs over the 2 sessions.

Great value for money.

oh well.. we'll have SAU vs XXX then ..even better :O doesn't matter... we're never going to get the track to ourself. I will ring them soonish and find out further details.

As long as there is at least 4-5 cars interested (which it sounds like)...worth doing I think.

I'd be interested in going up again later in the month... I'm busy that weekend though.

BTW - If you've got 183rwkw you should have plenty left. When I had 183rwkw, I ran 106mph!

matt

Originally posted by predator666

Hey..

Is anybody interested in creating a group run to Heathcote Drags on Sunday 1st June??  

Well I've never been myself, but apparently Heathcote is a bit quieter than Calder and allows you more runs and less hectic. Last time at Calder I only got about 4 runs in, and would have liked more time to practice my launches and things in getting a more decent 13sec run. Friday night @ Calder also isn't ideal in terms of getting there early from work and things like that (for me at least)

It is MCCR that is also going to heathcote but its ok cause they are doing it this month - 24/25th May! *wipes forehead and looks for Solo can*

Will the price for us be similar to this?

Heathcote Park Entry - $30 Unlimited Runs ($10 Spectate Fee)TBC