SAU Community

Tassie Spotto:

grandmasterb

was a good day :-D very slippery first laps out and that wonderful comp lock up into T1 haha.

was good giving you a chase, would of chased a bit more but my car started playing up, think the diffs giving up on me lol.

yeah, next time. I was silly to go back out, brakes were not exsistant on the ride back! bloody hell those QFM pads are good tho, worked awesome down to the indicator! just orderd a new set + spare set.

yeah, next time. I was silly to go back out, brakes were not exsistant on the ride back! bloody hell those QFM pads are good tho, worked awesome down to the indicator! just orderd a new set + spare set.

yeah, my brake pedal is feeling a bit spongy now haha was good though, these simple EBC green pads have done 3 track days and 2 hillclimbs now, holding up well :-)

im quite surprised how well the R888's went!

Ouch! Sorry to hear mate, hope your back on the road soon.

After driving home last night in rain with no front wipers....boy did I get a lecture when I pulled up out front of home!

spotted my 33 not ideling & seeming to fuel up at around 4500 5000 rpm doesn't do it all the time tho im thinking afm? maybe igniter? as it has almost new spitfire coils any ideas? running around 13psi

edit if i unplug afm idles fine as soon as i plug it in wont idle

Edited by Autumn_180

Check the AFM insidey bits where the bits actually solder onto the board, I've read it's a common problem for them to corrode and crack, the just need to be resoldered.

If you'd like a spare one to test I think I've got a spare one lying around because my R33 doesn't need one anymore.

Also my house mate is pretty handy with a soldering iron if does turn out your afm is broken.

How'd you go with your brake master cylinder problem?

brough a new working one fitted it but the pedal is still soft theres no air in the lines or anything the fronts work fine but its like theres no pressure getting to the rear brakes

That would be good i can grab the space saver on friday so if its ok we can test that at the same time?

spotted my 33 not ideling & seeming to fuel up at around 4500 5000 rpm doesn't do it all the time tho im thinking afm? maybe igniter? as it has almost new spitfire coils any ideas? running around 13psi

edit if i unplug afm idles fine as soon as i plug it in wont idle

just a heads up. if you unplug the AFM the ECU will run in limp mode so it will idle and do everything normally. ive seen similar issues before but it doesnt nessasarly mean its AFM.

ill swap your 33 for my 4 door now if you want to. ;)

Ah i didn't know that thanks ill test it to be sure tho, any ideas what it could be?

I bet you would lol :) not selling/swapping this one

ill bring it down at the end of the month then. haha.

just a heads up. if you unplug the AFM the ECU will run in limp mode so it will idle and do everything normally. ive seen similar issues before but it doesnt nessasarly mean its AFM.

ill swap your 33 for my 4 door now if you want to. ;)

i found it will idle fine, but you try rev it and it will hunt and carry on like a spastic :)