SAU Community

Update Pics

Mate, that is soooo Cool, great idea....I want one for my GTST

How much do you charge ??

Thanks for the comments.I just thought my car needed that little something else to be able to show the car this coming year ( my last year with the car before emegrating to around the Adelaide area from Scotland ).

I made this for myself. Not to difficult to do.Cut the centre section from the plug cover, smooth the edges,cut a piece of clear acrylic to size, order graphics from Likwid Art and add to the acrylic then bond into place add 2 blue cold cathode tubes and wire them up and there you have it...

nice mate, where abouts in scotland you from?

im from killie. your a lucky bas getting away from this place. 2 of ma friends are out there and they like to rub it in everytime i speak to them.

why did you decide to go cold cathode?? rather then an L.E.D type, looks frikn awesome either way?

but you've got my curiosity on this one?

Only went for cold cathodes as i had them lying around doing nothing.They are only held in place with some semi hardening silicon so is they get damaged/broken then 2 mins will replace them once the plug cover is off. I beleive the LED would have cast a harder/sharper light with more direction to it--i dont want the light being so and think the cathodes cast a smoother/softer style lighting.

i guess it depends on how many L.E.D's youd use, id probly suggest 2 either end.........this way it would be reasonably soft. but i like the idea either way man, looks fantastic and is pretty original, wish i had the time to do something similar, never would of thought about putting some sort of lighting in my rocker cover.

might have to think and try something different (thinking cap on......beer in hand) this may take a while

Edited by Nathan_G1

how will the light under the coil pack cover go with the heat generated in there?

but it looks great... its so shiny, i could have a shave in front of that thing!

Ran the car for about 20-25 mins yesterday to see how the lights and 3D graphics would hold out, glad to say all is fine at the moment. The cathode lighting is kept in place by semi hardening silicon so it can easily be removed if need be. Will keep an eye on the graphics to see if they have any problems...So alls good so far but needs a longer harder run to see how she goes.