SAU Community

Dreaming Of A Skyline

wizlb

I have finally made it over to Sydney and I'm looking to meeting a few of you aussie tuners. Are there any car shows, night events coming up.

I also need to know where to find a good skyline dealer, any help you guys can give will be great!

Keeping the rubber to the pavement.....

i think jamboree(4&6 cyl drag) is coming up soon....if u head out to eastern creek on a wed night there's street drags(from feb friday nights aswell)in my opinion autostlye at beverly hills is the best dealer,he has skylines but not a specific dealer.

Stay away from Edward Lee's Japanese Auto Centre in Concord

Argreed ^^^^^^

www.powerplayimports.com

Ring up and speak to Jo tell her what you are looking for..

Stay away from Edward Lee's Japanese Auto Centre in Concord

Why is that?? :)

Any one heard of Fiji Motorsport?

Check the event section for stuff coming up and can always come to a monthly dinner and meet some other SAUer's February Dinner thread is there ;)

Why is that?? :wave:

Bought my r33 from them. Said compliance was going to be 2 weeks. It ended up being 5. Said that they would make the car look pretty for me and give it a full detail and give the interior a decent clean however I came to find the car still with stains in the interior and just generally pretty messy. They didnt even attempt to give me an ETA on how long compliance was going to take.

Since the day I bought it from them there was some problems with the air conditioning and it needed a new compressor which was under warranty. They kept telling me to come back later because they are too busy or need to order a part or they couldnt find the problem. They kept saying they'd call me as to when to bring it back in but they never called. For me to organise a time to bring the car in I had to call them The final thing which made me finally say "stuff em" was they told me that it would take 4 days to change an air conditioning compressor, and they told me to come back next week so I could organise around not having the car for 4 days. Didnt even offer me a courtesy car.

Also, the sales managers were very pushy and dishonest and kept trying to put it over me when they clearly didnt know what they were talking about. For example one of them tried to tell me one time I went in that "no matter what you do to the air conditioning system it will never work like factory again" and they tried to convince me the air con system in the r33 wasnt a climate control system :P.

One of the other people there admitted the guy who sold me the car lied about it as well.

Also, totally not related to my experience saw one of them trying to pass a hyundai excel off as a 1.6 litre and one of the secretarys there openly admit in front of me to a salesman that she had to lie to a customer to cover the salesmans mistake.

I got an okay deal on the car, but it was during a sale. Otherwise their cars are pretty overpriced.

And I thought used car dealers would be working hard to get themselves a reputation... :glare:

Edited by understated

Hey,

I Agree about edwards lees they seem shifty , I know That fugi Motorsports is good In Lansavale, And True That skylines r going Cheap On carsales, So u really gotta think about it

I bought my r32 v spec from a private importer, I mean they May lie sumtimes but u r getting a good deal so patience is a virtue.. good luck....

• 3 weeks later...

Edward Lee's cracked me up when I browsed through there like 2 weeks ago before I bought my skyline.

Saw a stocker R33 with banged up 400R bar, and 17 inch chromies, imperfections in the paint everywhere, dents on the bonnet, cigarette burns on the seat etc etc. Selling for $16,999

I basically saw the price and chuckled to myself, but the salesmen saw me glance at it. He goes you interested in the car? I'm like not really, and he goes whats wrong with it? I said "I'd replace the front bar, get rid of the wheels and then even still I wouldn't be happy with it. I can get an immaculate R33 without any mods with 44,000 on the clock for $15k up the road", he then started to say well if we match that price and replace the bar get rid of the wheels, fix up the seats etc etc.." Basically making promises he could never keep, even when as far as saying that they'd fix up some panels to get the sale. Shonkiest dealership I've ever been to, would never contemplate buying anything from there.

Ended up buying one from Jap-Link, cars were in so much better condition, and they were more than helpful there, putting up the car on hoist so I could check it out for myself (never been to a dealership that has allowed that) etc etc

yeah i agree about edward lees... they r shonky, expensive and f%&king pushy... my mate was looking at an evo 6 there... it was a nice car i must say but overpriced... the sales guy kept saying how much $$$ was spent on the... he even said the suspension work alone was over $15k... when i heard that i started laughing as the car had coilovers (hks i think) urathine bushes and sway bars done so it was a good setup but not $15k... then he tried to pass the stock intercooler off as a aftermarker cooler... then my friend started to negotiate the price and they agreed on a price and my mate said he will check to make sure he can borrow some $$$ of his parents (they said they would help him out) and come back tomorrow but the sales guys got my friend into the office and tried to make him sign some papers... he was almost forcing my friend to sign it... that pissed me off bigtime.. so i got my friend outside and talked some sense into him... now he drives a R32 GTR and loves it... lol... all i have to say is that edward lees is the worst dealer i have ever been to...

but yeah if you wanna buy a skyline go private and u will save a fair bit... i picked up my R34 for 25800 when the same sort of car in the same condition was 30k+ at dealers... if you want to buy from dealers wait till just before end of financial year... my mate saved about $3k on a supra + free rego + free waranty for 5 years coz he bought it just before end of financial year

Mate,

You need a GTR that is fersure. Don't go to car dealers...find out what you want and negotiate...get value for your money...find a car modified in the way you want and get that. We have wasted tonns on ..mods and still not achieved what we want...I wish I was on the market now for a car... I would look for a R34 GTR V speck and nothing under....

Good hunting

EUG.