SAU Community

Recommended Garages Nw Coast

m_7581

Hi ppl,

I've just aquired my new 96 R33 GTSt and was wondering whether anyone here could give me some info on what garages on the North West coast (Burnie area) are recommended for work on Skylines. Anyone have bad experiences?

Cheers!

Anyone else have any recommendations?

Also, I'd start a new thread but it's such a waste of space, but I'm looking to get a S2 R33 Stock air box to replace the pod that was on the car when purchased (starting to hate the noise :P ), so if anyone has one lying around and wants to make a couple of bucks, let me know!

cheers!

Anyone else have any recommendations?

Also, I'd start a new thread but it's such a waste of space, but I'm looking to get a S2 R33 Stock air box to replace the pod that was on the car when purchased (starting to hate the noise :( ), so if anyone has one lying around and wants to make a couple of bucks, let me know!

cheers!

Updated the title of the thread for you old kid :D

Im no good for peeps up north though, not as far up as Burnie anyway :laugh:

Ok, another quick question for us north westers. Where do you guys go for wheel alignments etc. Probably sounds like a dumb question , but i was told when i got mine done the other day by a large tyre selling company (not naming names), that the excessive wear on the inside of my rear tyres could not be prevented by way of an alignment, because of independant rear suspension...is this bullshit or what??

Ok, another quick question for us north westers. Where do you guys go for wheel alignments etc. Probably sounds like a dumb question , but i was told when i got mine done the other day by a large tyre selling company (not naming names), that the excessive wear on the inside of my rear tyres could not be prevented by way of an alignment, because of independant rear suspension...is this bullshit or what??

Somerset Discount Tyres have always been good for me. Depends on the problem with the wheel alignment, rear toe is adjustable but if the cars lowered it may have to much camber on the rear, there is only minimal adjustment for this so the tyres will still wear from the inside out.