SAU Community

Simplest Cold Air Intake Setup..?

Draen

Just wondering, a quick, cost effective and easy way on feeding the pod colder air.

I have the standard factory piping and there isnt much room in the bottom right part of the engine bay. I was thinking of getting some heat resistant foam/material and pop it over the pod, and hold it on (zip ties?). Does anyone have a better idea of what they have done? If you have any picts of the setup it would be great if you can post them too. Thanks

Edited by Draen

im also interested in this aswell.

one question though ive seen a few ppl use some sort of metal around the turbo/dump pipe to cover i think a/c or brake lines in the engine bay. where abouts can u buy this stuff?

coz i was thinking of using this stuff as a sorta heat sheild for the pod as it seems quite flexible.

Thanks for the offer Mark.

Ive currently got the ARC FMI cooler that uses the stock pipes.

p.s Nice GTR btw - If only I had that kind of cash lying around Id snap it up straight away. In my opinion perfect colour.

I was hoping to get a heat shield over the pod to block a lot (not all) of the warm engine air. Just wondering where I would get one (I have seen pictures of some ppls engine bays with them)

I know its not as good as a fully enclosed alum box, but Its better than nothing.