SAU Community

2007 Motorsports Road Trip

Snowman

Road Trip When and where  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alrighty then,

Last year I organised a small but fun road trip to Wakefield and Eastern Creek and since it looks like I'm not going to do Dutton NSW anymore I might look into organising another road trip.

The initial thought was to go back to NSW but I thought I'd see if there was any other interests.

Pretty much looking at our current calander the best time to go in 2007 would be some time in May or at the end of the Vic season like we did last year - so late Oct / early November. Whilst that seems a LONG time away if something wants to be organised the more time I have the easier it will be to do so.

As mentioned last time we went to Eastern Creek and Wakefield and I admit I have an urge to go there again but at the same time I'd love to drive some new tracks as well.

So the options are:

NSW:

Eastern Creek

Wakefield

Oran Park

SA:

Mallala

TAS:

Symonds Plains

QLD:

Queensland Raceway

I admit I'd love to go to QLD and attend one of the Time Attack days as they are apparently excelent and offer the opporuntiy to run on multiple layouts of QRW in the one day - not to mention that there are always a number of real fast cars that attend those days which would be fun to drive with. Also a trip to QLD I would look at trying to arrange a visit to either Mt Cotton, Darlington Park or the Holden Performance Centre in conjunction with it. But it is a damn long way to go....

So - who is keen on a road trip, and where to and when?

Sounds interesting....do you have to be a member to attend?? Should have membership by then, but just curious....

No you don't.

However - if you want to go onto the track chances are you will need a CAMS license and before you can get a CAMS license you need to be a member of a car club...

But last time we had about 50% of the travellers just as groupies / drinkers so if that's appealing then feel free to tag along.

These people will have 0% say in where we go however. LOL

Could also do Baskerville Raceway along with Symmons Plains in Tasmania, which isn't a bad track either, plus you get the added bonus of doing some of the Targa stages which are awesome roads.

Did it in the GT-R last year with the NDSOC, was a great trip, and the boat ride over is always fun :P

If the trip goes to Qld what sort or transporting arrangenment will there be.

Do you plan to drive up (over 2 days or so) or will you consider transporters (ie: truck, train, etc)?

I personally would really love to spend at least a week in Tassie and "explore" the roads there, with the inclusion of one or two track days.

May would be awesome.

Oct/Nov is bad for me unless you go to QLD. Then its all good.

So how many beds do you have?

well... translate that into floor area for me as thats all i need :D

If the trip goes to Qld what sort or transporting arrangenment will there be.

Do you plan to drive up (over 2 days or so) or will you consider transporters (ie: truck, train, etc)?

Of course drive up. Interstate trip should be drive there... except TAS... obviously there is a slight logistical problem with driving there.

I'll be in if its Oct/Nov, it suits my work perfectly. Venue/State doesnt bother me. Happy to go with what you guys want

May wont be enough time for me to be confident to race it interstate (i pick it up this week actually)

However, if it is May, i'll quite happily drive a mini-bus with supplies/tyres as long as Brisby comes along with an esky full and his singing voice. :(

• 1 month later...

I personally would really love to spend at least a week in Tassie and "explore" the roads there, with the inclusion of one or two track days.

2nd that al. altho it would have to be cheap accomerdation for me (i.e tent side of road) as impoor

I would be up for this again. I had a great time in November and enjoyed driving the tracks which were also my first track days.

Preferences for me, Eastern Creek is my favourite so would be ace to do that again and QLD could be good as a final destination.

Mav and I were throwing around ideas of trips for long weekends etc and Tassie did crop up as an idea following the Evo guys having a successful trip there last year.

Either May or November would suit. June would be a good one if there was time around the Queens Birthday holiday to utilise that date but I expect the calander is full around then. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

This may blow a few minds, so Brace your bad selves . . .

How about . . . early October? Sydney trip? That could either start, or finish with 4 days at Australia's temple of speed.

Mount Panorama :)

That's right kiddies - I'm talkin the main game, the big enchilada, the jewel in the crown . . . . The Bathurst 1000 ! :)

I've been up 5 years running (I think) and I'm yet to be disappointed - although the law of averages says We're due for a WET weekend (I've been blessed so far). Add to that track time at Oran park, maybe Eastern Creek, and hopefully a "speed off the streets" day at wakefield, and it'd be MEGA !

Tough part would be getting a decent fang over the mountain - and it's SUCH an awesome ribbon of tarmac, who can resist? ! (I'll see if I can get some footage on youtube one day, pleeze remind Me)

If Youse all want in, it'd better be decided within the next month or so, 'coz I'm due to get the advanced booking forms for the campground ANY DAY NOW, and it's very much first-in, best dressed. (need numbers & some ca$h to book campgrounds)

At the moment plans are underway to get the Tassie thing happening. But open to ideas as its looking to be more expensive and harder to co-ordinate then last years which only took a few phone calls and emails and the bulk of it was done. :)

Yeah, I reckon Tassie will be good, not too far and a fairly fast track I here.....

Isn't a forum member by the name of 'sav man' from Tassie, I think he's involved in motorsport aswell, maybe drop him a PM???

I'd definately be in for this as well. Fun Fun Fun

1st preference would be Tassie for Symmons and Baskerville, 2nd would be anywhere else :closedeyes:

Later in the season is best IMO.