SAU Community

We've Done It! Sau Drag Day Is On!

Abo Bob

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on a meeting spot yet?????

Also with the 5 spectators/pitt crew .. is there any limit on how many cars that come in with me???? eg.. two or three spectator cars + mine????

i'll be there to spectate. my friend wil be racing his vx ss ute with IH8FPV number plates

Has he gotten his car fixed??? We saw him at a Friday nite WSID (we were there with the sunny) and about a month later spotted him in Gossy - kangaroo or something on the way to the Nats???

Has he gotten his car fixed??? We saw him at a Friday nite WSID (we were there with the sunny) and about a month later spotted him in Gossy - kangaroo or something on the way to the Nats???

yeah all fixed, have to watch out for those kangaroos. did some nice damage

Any news on a meeting spot yet????

Gday mate...a V8'er here....Meeting point is PIT STOP TAVERN.Corner of Huntingwood drive and Liberty road... EASTERN CREEK.(just up the road from the big shell servo and beaurepaires).At the roundabout.

TIME...7.15-7.50 am.Enjoy ur day fellows!...Its gunna be a blast.

I'm not there to race anyone but myself and crack a PB...Look forward to meeting a few of you blokes.

abobob will whack up a map for you's sooner or later

Bermudablue.

Edited by bermudablue

so no reply from abobob means im not going, i'm not driving 2.5hrs to get there and not be allowed in

Im sure he's just a bit busy :stupid:

He normally gets back to people when he can

Abo Bob is currently away on business so i will post this on his behalf

The information on the meeting point.

The meeting point will be at the Pit Stop Tavern between 7:15 am & 7:50 am. Cnr of Huntingwood drive & liberty road Eastern Creek. There is plenty of parking on Huntingwood drive & in Liberty road.

We have chosen this point due to it's proximity to the track & 100+ cars do not need to do a "U" turn on the great western Hwy if we met at the shell service station.

I will be there (Peter) with a white SS commodore on a trailer with Abo Bob. Here we will distribute the tickets.

wsid_map.jpg

Please only COMPETITORS come an ask for tickets, you are then responsible to giving them to your crew/spectators.

You will also be given a sticker to place on the front window of your car.

ONLY after you have your tickets & sticker can you proceed to the gates at WSID The gates will open at 8am.

If you do not have the tickets you CAN'T get into WSID.

No tickets are allowed to be distributed at the track or entry roads to WSID.

It is very important that you are not late. If you are late you will need to ring me (Peter) on 0407 376658. I must warn you that on the morning of a track hire my phone rings constantly & i am very busy. I will make arrangements for you to receive your tickets. you may need to wait a little as i dont have time to go in & out of the track every 5 minutes.

Hope this helps,

V8owner :stupid:

Thanks for that..... sheesh 7.15 am... il be leaving home around 5.45am.... :stupid:

So guessing no limits on the spectators cars attending????

SAU has 17 participants for the day that entitles you to a maximum of 85 spectators & crew combined.

SAU has 17 participants for the day that entitles you to a maximum of 85 spectators & crew combined.

Cool... was aware I have the 5 passes but was wondering seeing that they are all driving themselves there ...was there a limit how many cars they can park at wsid?

Cool... was aware I have the 5 passes but was wondering seeing that they are all driving themselves there ...was there a limit how many cars they can park at wsid?

I'm not sure, but I believe there is a limit, I'll wait for V8owner to reply to it for you.

I'm not sure, but I believe there is a limit, I'll wait for V8owner to reply to it for you.

Whilst there is no limit for spectator/crew cars the spectators & crews are required to arrive with the Drivers.

Please where ever possible try & car pool, we do not want to aggravate the WSID personnel by having 200 spectators cars.

There will be a large number of spectator vehicles. We have a rule that the spectator cars are to be parked at the rear of the parking lot.

The 1st 2 bays (first 4 rows of spots) closest to the scrutineering shed are for competitors vehicles only.

This ensures that the competitors are close to power, tools, & the officials. The last thing we want is a traffic jam in the complex.

One more point to note, There is NO ALCOHOL allowed past the front gate for ANYBODY, spectators, crew & drivers. WSID will expel any persons found with alcohol. If a crew member is found in possession of alcohol the entire crew & driver will be expelled by WSID.

We don't make the rules, we just want a good fun day with no issues that reflect on either club.

looking forward to a great day of racing. :dry:

A lot of these rules are quite petty. There is much more happening on a regular Wednesday night street meet with less restrictive (special) rules. So if a spectator arrives after a competitor, then they won't be allowed in? Or will they still be allowed in as long as they have their pass? Will spectators be allowed to leave and re-enter?

A lot of these rules are quite petty. There is much more happening on a regular Wednesday night street meet with less restrictive (special) rules. So if a spectator arrives after a competitor, then they won't be allowed in? Or will they still be allowed in as long as they have their pass? Will spectators be allowed to leave and re-enter?

i want to know about being able to leave too. i cant eat anything from the bbq and will need to go get something else for lunch. and vegetarian sausages are shit.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Okay, with all that being said about sloppy blowing from twins, I happily acknowledge the superiority of a single turbo setup on the RB; however, I still plan on double trouble.  I know the -9s were quite popular for some time because they seemed to meet that sweet spot between the -7s and 5s, would introducing VCAM and/or stroking to 2.8L provide the additional displacement/flow to push twins closer to the 500-600 goal?  Does it make more sense for a daily to just do an engine overhaul, slap some -7s on it and enjoy a bit more reliable power?  Has anyone driven a mine's overhauled and tuned engine?  I know they certainly don't approach the power numbers that you drag monsters do down under, but for daily street usage, I just want it to be fun and healthy.
    • Mmmm. Perhaps more correctly stated that the one turbo doesn't actually force air back down the throat of the other. All it does, and all it has to do, is be pumping a little harder than the other turbo (which is an effect of how the turbos are getting driven by the exhaust and inherent resistance to output air flow that each turbo sees up to the merge). If the turbo that is not flowing quite as much then nudges the stall line (because it gets pushed there by the higher flowing one stealing the limelight and moving its own operating point further from the stall line), then you get the behaviour described by Josh. There is no need for air to move backwards in any way. It just needs to be less air moving forwards than is required to stay to the right of the surge line.
    • GTX2860R Gen 2 is an option. No, it doesn't actually do much. The basic problem with wanting 600 whp out of the factory twin turbo setup is a few things. One is that the twin turbo piping is just so, so inefficient. The front and rear turbos are not actually working evenly. The rear turbo is always moving more air than the front. On top of this the OEM rear compressor inlet is rubber that likes to collapse causing a huge intake restriction. The merge doesn't even wait until the intercooler to happen, and it happens at a 90 degree angle. This is why you see some discussion about "turbo shuffle", where in certain conditions one turbo can actually force air to go backwards into the other compressor and stall it out, then once the other turbo recovers it stalls out the first turbo in a cycle until you do something to break out of it. The other issue is that the RB26 is just not that efficient an engine. It needs a surprising amount of ignition timing to reach MBT for a given cylinder pressure so all that time in which the cylinder is pressurizing before TDC is just wasted energy. An N54 might be around 10 degrees BTDC on a stock turbo getting into the boost. An RB26 is closer to 25 BTDC. Net effect is a turbo roughly the size of what HKS uses on the GTIII-SS (smaller than the R3/GCG Japan "GT2860-1" -7s) is only good for maybe 550 crank hp or low 400 whp while a roughly comparable turbo on an N54 can deliver something like 700 crank hp and obviously drivetrain losses are greatly reduced when you aren't burning a bunch of power on keeping a hydraulic pump + transfer case preloaded all the time. So yes, you can make a lot of power but there's a reason why people go single turbo for the numbers you're asking about. Don't forget that the RB26 can't even do a straight line pull without oil starving on the stock oil pan either. Baffles can help, but really you just need more oil capacity.
    • Yeah sure, which messenger app is it?
    • would you like to be added to the messenger group?