Abo Bob

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Wooow, sounds like a big event. It's time for me to get in....before I expire...hehehehe. I AM IN. Will be my first track day and also my first even with SAU (only took 2 years..heheheh) Car is ready....day is perfect.

Excuse the silly questions...do you need a helmet? (never understood this helmet business, hate motorbikes). I hope I will have my CAMS license by than. A second question, do you need different tires or you can run on the road ones? 3rd Can you remove silencer from the muffler? (Mavrick wanna BUZZ the tower)

Well see you guys there....I'll take "1HYPE1" with me....heheheheeh

EUG

Wooow, sounds like a big event. It's time for me to get in....before I expire...hehehehe. I AM IN. Will be my first track day and also my first even with SAU (only took 2 years..heheheh) Car is ready....day is perfect.

Excuse the silly questions...do you need a helmet? (never understood this helmet business, hate motorbikes). I hope I will have my CAMS license by than. A second question, do you need different tires or you can run on the road ones? 3rd Can you remove silencer from the muffler? (Mavrick wanna BUZZ the tower)

Well see you guys there....I'll take "1HYPE1" with me....heheheheeh

EUG

1. yep you'll need a helmet, motorbike helmets are mostly used and need to be Australia Approved.

2. you can run street tyres, alot of people do, or if u can afford it u can put on some semis for the day.

3. not too sure about the rules for that, havent been to a circuit track day but with the helmet its pretty much consistant with all the other types of track days

I've never been to a track day before so I didn't know about the helmet requirement. Are there helmets available for hire on the day or will I need to purchase one of my own?

the last track day i went to at wakefield they did have helemets i think but dont quote me on that but if you need a helmet im sure someone will have a spare

Purchase. They can get as cheap as $100 I think, maybe even $80.

Check this thread for SAU club member discount on helmets. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=119575

Cheers Adam. I thought it was going to cost me an arm and a leg but around the $100 seems very reasonable... and much better than wearing a grubby hire helmet.

Well I better get organized...I think if I could afford my car...helmet will be no problem. I hope they do not ask also for a harley..hehehhe

Adam...just wondering that yelow-black 180 or 200 SX whatever was (Ben I think was his name) did had any exhaust system of the drift day? To me sounded pretty loose....

Cheers,

EUG.

That was James, I think he had a straight through pipe. The point is that the exhaust has to exit outside the car. You can't just dump it out somewhere half way along the length of the car.

Also I guess cos he was an organiser he got away with it a bit.

Mate,

Silencer in screwed at exit. You pull one bolt and BINGO....all exhaust is there...becomes..straight. I thought you know all this by now.....sorry.... My exhaust is BLITZ 3" all the way. Cat is there, just unleash few horses.

EUG.

• 2 weeks later...

wen will the deposits and official info start happening?!.

i went to the wakefield track day for the STi vs. EVO's last week. sooo keen to take my car for a hammering lol

i hope nothing breaks. thats gna be an expensive tow LOL