The Sau Official Track Day 2007

Abo Bob

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there isn't any timing anyway... and hand timing doesn't count (according to me.. unless i set a pb, then it counts)

Im aware of that but when your trying to push a car around there well into the 1:07 bracket slower cars can be pretty dangerous when they dont move off the racing line.

My question was more of a general question to see what sort of vehicles and experiance levels we have attending. Im asuming we will be divided into sessions by claimed lap tips and experiance though.

If everything still works I should be doing sub 10s.

Will be really good to get on a circuit with you Andrew. been a very long time!

2 questions for people..

From what I can see, I need a helmet and EITHER a L2S License or a Wakefield Yearly license.. For both of us..

Is it too late to get an L2S one? or should I just get a 2 x Wakefield, 1 for me and my brother...

Also - I need a helmet, i'm going to borrow one off my brother, what standards does it need to meet, also does anyone have a spare one for my brother to borrow on the day???

I'll post this up next week as well..

Cheers

Links

heyyo.. definately not too late to get an ls2 licence!!! Send your forum off... and if you don't have your passbook by say the 5th.. call up the CAMS state office and have them fax you a temporary licence!

they've been very helpful in the past when i haven't had my licence in time, and i know they've bent over backwards for some of the others! You'll be right.

ps.. I'm in the same boat..my licence expired last month and I haven't been arsed to apply for a new one.

Im aware of that but when your trying to push a car around there well into the 1:07 bracket slower cars can be pretty dangerous when they dont move off the racing line.

My question was more of a general question to see what sort of vehicles and experiance levels we have attending. Im asuming we will be divided into sessions by claimed lap tips and experiance though.

Will be really good to get on a circuit with you Andrew. been a very long time!

cool. I wasn't refering to your question at all.

but yes, you will be grouped into people the same speed as you. If there is a slower car on the circuit, it's YOUR responsibility to maneuver around them... of course the slower cars should (SHOULD) wave you past.. but really, it's up to you to get around them.

I totally know that feeling

As Liz mentioned, the groups will be organised by expected lap times.

Also, cars are not required to move off the racing line. There is overtaking allowed on the two straights or the slower car can wave you past. If I see anyone diving in under brakes on a corner there will be an instant end to their day.

All this will be covered in the drivers briefing on the day anyway.

Err.. even if you are a first timer Adam?

Answer will be yes. When you see what he is saying you will understand why. This will be my frist day too and if i tryed to overtake you under brakes and didnt stop may F*(K up both our cars and theres no happy endings from there.

This is likely a typical newbie question but I have to ask. Are there refuelling facilities at the track? Never having been to a track day before I have no idea. I'm assuming yes for now because we'll all need some fuel to get home!

Also, if the answer is yes, what fuels do they have?

Thanks!

There is a Shell in town (10 min drive) that has V-Power. Didn't have vpowerdelux last time I checked.

Here is a mapp showing the nearest vpowerdelux:

4l44qat.png

And here is one showing the vpower:

5zp6vdh.png

The racetrack is down Braidwood road.

This is likely a typical newbie question but I have to ask. Are there refuelling facilities at the track? Never having been to a track day before I have no idea. I'm assuming yes for now because we'll all need some fuel to get home!

Also, if the answer is yes, what fuels do they have?

Thanks!

and for those ultimate lovers, there is a bp just before the first goulburn exit... its the one i use.. i fill up there on my way in, and again on my way out! one tank usually lasts me out there!

Cool, thanks guys. Now off to do some more helmet shopping!

Last year I organised a club discount at Sydney City Motorcycles at Lane cove. If Andrew Cura still works there have a chat to him about a helmet, and he will do a discount for ya. See, arent we good to our members here at SAUNSW? :P

Info: Click Here

Note this offer is to SAU NSW members only, and you'll be asked to present your card to qualify for the discount.

Cheers.

Last year I organised a club discount at Sydney City Motorcycles at Lane cove. If Andrew Cura still works there have a chat to him about a helmet, and he will do a discount for ya. See, arent we good to our members here at SAUNSW? :P

Info: Click Here

Note this offer is to SAU NSW members only, and you'll be asked to present your card to qualify for the discount.

Cheers.

you sure it still applys? cause we were both there yesterday to buy some helmets.. quoted the account number and everything, and got 0 discount... we left at that point! Do we need speak to Andrew to be receive the discount?