SAU Community

The Sau Official Track Day 2007

Abo Bob

can i get the address for the crossroads servo and time thanks....if thats the meet point

The cnr of Camden valley way & cambelltown rd/hume highway as u turn down onto the freeway there is a truckstop just along there, big car park,say around 5.30am?

Still waiting on 2 cameras 2 arrive!cutting it a bit short i might say.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yea 530 sounds all right. Is it the the servo after the corner of hume and the freeway? Cant recall seeing one after. Know there's a caltex servo before though

pretty sure there is a truckstop or something there,well was last year!!!

Afternoon peoples, i've decided to pull out of the trackday this weekend as i'm not 100% confident in my car staying in 1 piece (mainly my gearbox which as everyone knows has been bad for a while)...

Hopefully everyone understands, as i'd much rather get everything fixed up, including better pads as Oz GTR suggested, some decent tyres and than hit the track.. Unfortunately i'm not in a position to have anything go wrong especially down at Goldburn...

I'm still going to come down and spectate (maybe even jump in for a passenger ride if people are still willing to take me out) and hopefully i'll have the car ready to go for the next event, which I believe might be the Texikhana..

Thanks for everyone's help getting the car ready, I was originally hoping to have the gearbox fixed, however time passes and $$$'s dissapear.. I'll catch you all down there on Sunday (just at a more reasonable hour)

Your on, just had it niggling in the back of my mind, well actually it was whining in my ear the whole way home :domokun:

Maybe you can take us out for a lap in the 180sx.. Show me what I could have been doing

Afternoon peoples, i've decided to pull out of the trackday this weekend as i'm not 100% confident in my car staying in 1 piece (mainly my gearbox which as everyone knows has been bad for a while)...

Hopefully everyone understands, as i'd much rather get everything fixed up, including better pads as Oz GTR suggested, some decent tyres and than hit the track.. Unfortunately i'm not in a position to have anything go wrong especially down at Goldburn...

I'm still going to come down and spectate (maybe even jump in for a passenger ride if people are still willing to take me out) and hopefully i'll have the car ready to go for the next event, which I believe might be the Texikhana..

Thanks for everyone's help getting the car ready, I was originally hoping to have the gearbox fixed, however time passes and $$$'s dissapear.. I'll catch you all down there on Sunday (just at a more reasonable hour)

What about just taking it easy around the track mate?.. My clutch is on its way out and i cant see myself fitting one on saturday before the track day so ill be driving very non agressive, i was going to pull out but i figure i can still go and have good fun even if i cant nail my car as hard as id really like to.. at least i can hit corners with a bit of speed wich should be fun .. expecialy without the worry of been done by the cops..LOL

Dave

Thanks for everyone's help getting the car ready, I was originally hoping to have the gearbox fixed, however time passes and $ s dissapear.. I'll catch you all down there on Sunday (just at a more reasonable hour)

:P Noooo...

Don't worry I nearly pulled out... but have decided to throw the wrx around for a bit of fun instead :dry: Il take you on some hot laps.....well as long as the gearbox holds up.............lol

There is still a slim chance Il take my car, just have to decided whether to bite the bullet and put the highflow/low mount back on....!

How upsetting anthony!

Haha I am never confident in my car.. I go round with nangkangs & standard pads..

Chances are.. if your car is going to brake.. its going to brake no matter where it is and what you are doing.

I hope you will still be coming down to watch :dry:

Awwww that sucks! It's completely understandable though. Andy's had a few troubles with the 32 in the last week or so and there is still a mysterious vibration that needs to be fixed in the next 2 days :dry: the shop is doing all it can to get it done on time though.

Atleast you're coming to spectate, i'm sure many peeps will be happy to have you ride along :P

Thanks everyone.. unfortunately unless I can go down there with full confidence I won't enjoy it, also a couple of other things needed to be done to get it ready in time including new tires + gearbox oil change.. so i'm going to save the cash, get the box done and head too the next one..

Your right that the gearbox could let you at any stage, however i'm a lot kinder to it on the street than when doing flat out laps around a track >_<

Anyways, will definately still be down there watching + getting some photos.. And now i'm feeling more relaxed not having to rush stuff..

hey peoples,

i am thinking of changing my pads before the weekend i only have std ones at the moment, just wanting some info on what others use.

cheers,

ryan

I run Bendix Ultimate, have done a track day on this set previously as well as 11000kms/6months of daily driving, best bang for buck pad. more important is your brake fluid DOT 4 Minimum.