SAU Community

The Sau Official Track Day 2007

Abo Bob

once u do a few laps you will probs beat me, your car is much quicker than mine

At least you acknowledge the superiority of the "boats" >_< ..... bwahahaha

btw mine is stock.... :P its the garage that's modified atm :laugh: really got to start installing parts and get a tune!

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HAha yeah i'm in, and Ando i'll be chasing you down! Liz don't even think your going to come anywhere near me. This is gona be a great day, yeah let the trashing begin! Merudo, bring any car you want, aslong as your comfortable being beaten by boats!

HAha yeah i'm in, and Ando i'll be chasing you down! Liz don't even think your going to come anywhere near me. This is gona be a great day, yeah let the trashing begin! Merudo, bring any car you want, aslong as your comfortable being beaten by boats!

I'll take my TT soarer, so I'll comfortably be the most boat-ish one out there on the track :P

and with only 150kw at the treads, a slow boat to boot >_< But the track's twisty enough for maybe that lack of oomph to really hurt me tooooo bad....

Cheers,

James

We will be most welcoming to the newbies.

There is likely to be 4 groups each based around your lap times so for eg:

Group 1 - newbies

Group 2 - 1:18 - 1:15

Group 3 - 1:14 - 1:12

Group 4 - 1:11 and faster

Bear in mind that there will be no official timing but I'm sure we can get some people on the wall with stop watches and there may be a portable lap timer or two around to borrow. This means you have to honestly estimate your time in order for us to group you.

adam im happy to be put in either noobies or group 2, ive wakefield once but did get into the 1:17's so its your call,

i guess its whether i want to be a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond lol,

preferably group 2 though

I'll take my TT soarer, so I'll comfortably be the most boat-ish one out there on the track :P

and with only 150kw at the treads, a slow boat to boot >_< But the track's twisty enough for maybe that lack of oomph to really hurt me tooooo bad....

Cheers,

James

Wakie isnt a fast track.. its more a handling track..

wakie is the sort of event that wouldn't be complete if you didn't go the night before and get absolute pissed and getting up 5 hours later to race........

pretty sweet I say

i like your style, i was gonna stay for australia but dint in the end and really wished i had so i will be for this one yeeoooww

yeah your right, u can go fast but if you dont know how to take the corners you wont do fast times. my first session i tried to punch tyo hard and was doing 1:20's, got some advice took 2 and half seconds off the next session.

Newbies- Get some pointers, it really pays off at wakie!

Bear in mind that there will be no official timing but I'm sure we can get some people on the wall with stop watches and there may be a portable lap timer or two around to borrow. This means you have to honestly estimate your time in order for us to group you.

Just out of interest Adam, who owns the timing equipment that has been used at the previous official SAU days?

and with only 150kw at the treads, a slow boat to boot :( But the track's twisty enough for maybe that lack of oomph to really hurt me tooooo bad....

Cheers,

James

James, wakie is a handling kind of track, so if you got your suspension sorted you can do some good lap times, last time i was there i only had semi's on and no suspension work and did a 1.13 lap time, i would catch the GTR's around the corners but come the straight they started to pull away, only to catch them at the first corner again. But they didn't have semi slick tyres. If you can get some semi's mate it will knock off 2-4 seconds a lap! My car was basically stock too engine wise. But not now. Still only standard turbo though.

It's good to race different cars too, i'm sick of beating all the skylines and a CEFFY!!!

This I know, hence my comment regarding it being a twisty track so my lack of power may not hurt me as much as I initially thought. ;)

James, wakie is a handling kind of track, so if you got your suspension sorted you can do some good lap times, last time i was there i only had semi's on and no suspension work and did a 1.13 lap time, i would catch the GTR's around the corners but come the straight they started to pull away, only to catch them at the first corner again. But they didn't have semi slick tyres. If you can get some semi's mate it will knock off 2-4 seconds a lap! My car was basically stock too engine wise. But not now. Still only standard turbo though.

It's good to race different cars too, i'm sick of beating all the skylines and a CEFFY!!!

Haha no semislicks for me, With old KYB's and unknown springs in the car she won't even scratch the surface of the limit of some semis, so I'll just stick with the tyres I've got. I'll be going to have fun and get to know some of yas, I know the Soarer won't set a world-beating pace. I'll be firmly wedged in the newbie group. :laugh:

Aside from that, it's events like this that make me wish I still had my old Corolla. AE82 corolla with a 4AGZE in it, and considerable suspension work - now that's a car that with some falken semis or something on it would shock a few of you I think! But oh well :P

Cheers,

James

Edited by Merudo

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• OK, next order of business, very much not important but I didn't like how like how it looked (and, we can pretend it restricts airflow if that makes this better). Both the front number plate, and more importantly the holder are pretty ugly. Step1, replace bent old plate with new one in blue cf style with new values Step2, unlike the Leaf where the bumper was flat enough to remove the holder altogether and just mount it on the bumper, with the v37 I decided to chop the hell out of the mount to retain the flat mounting surface. Step 3, much better (needs black bolts I think)
    • If you are selling an R32 GTR, you can buy 3 or 4 v37s Redsports..... Anyway, a few more services/mods for daily use are the first order of business. I'm using the 2015 Q50 (LHD) workshop manuals from Nicoclub and they seem pretty much right, but a search didn't turn up any mention of the term "glove" so I could work out how to properly change the cabin filter for the AC. After some stuffing around, turns out Nissan now call it a "grove" box. Anyway, for anyone who does want to change their cabin filter : 1. Half open the glove box then push upwards each side to release bottom hinges, then twist sideways to remove opening stoppers, then pop off dampener string LHS 2. Unclip the cover behind, then unclip the cover behind that 3. Cabin filter is now readily accessible, note the airflow arrow points downwards. It seems loose in the space but note the cover has tabs that will push it up when you install the cover This time the filter was basically new so I've just marked it with the current date and reinstalled, and the aftermarket replacement I bought Wesfil (WACF-0177) is into the parts box   I really recommend checking this in any car that is new to you, they are normally really grotty
    • I got tools but nothing special, your typical <100 piece toolset ahaha Though, I've never touched CV's before, and dont want to f*ck it up either... I've never taken my car to a shop before (I usually do everything myself or ask the ole man for help) so appreciate the advice on that, will probably stay away even more now. Regardless, any recommendations?  Planning on going to the suspension shop in Rydalmere sometime soon after fitting the coilovers & cv's too for a good alignment.
    • Although, if you're in south-western sydney, i highly recommend you stay away from any shop on Hoxton Park Road.
    • CV's aren't' hard to rebuild, if you don't have the tools then yeah, throw it towards your nearest garage. Any half decent "mechanic" can rebuild a CV, it's quite common to do since there are millions of FWD cars about.