SAU Community

Very interested in having an Rb26/30det built for my 33gtst but I dont have the time to read 3000+ posts at the moment anyone whos had this done possibly have a list of parts,pricing,labour etc? would be much appreciated

so your not going to be building it yourself then?

then get some quotes from some workshops.. expect for a proper build RB26/30 to be near $10K just for the motor including labour.

Just got my rb25/30 dynoed both stock AFM and injectors were limiting produced 183.9rwkw at 5,500 rpm on 8psi, not bad i thought need to chuck those injectors and bigger airflow meter in then she will be cranking :dry:

good effort, once you get them injectors and afm in she'll be flying, presume that was done at boostworx?

GTR injectors still wont flow enough, and are wrong impedance.

Why go to all the effort? Just get 550's from Japan for @ around $900.

Drop straight into the RB25 rail.

Then it will justify having the GT35 on the side of it as the GTR injectors still wont allow you make the power you should with the GT35 on there.

GTR injectors still wont flow enough, and are wrong impedance.

Why go to all the effort? Just get 550's from Japan for @ around $900.

Drop straight into the RB25 rail.

Then it will justify having the GT35 on the side of it as the GTR injectors still wont allow you make the power you should with the GT35 on there.

Good idea! :glare: Kill 2 birds with 1 stone :)

Or try to track down a set of 550cc rx7 injectors.

The GTR's should push 250rwkw odd with a bit of fuel pressure.

Do remember Shaun's dyno reads a tad lower than the rest as for what ever reason he runs it in SHOOT6 mode not Shoot6F. generally speaking as you lower the shootout modes the reading also becomes slightly less.

For example.. throw it in shoot81 and you will pick up 25-30rwkw. :yes:

SO yes.. 550cc injectors push 18-19psi and 300rwkw odd. :D

anyone used GTR cams in the RB25DE head with the 3L bottom end?

I've used them in the DET head, so if they have hydraulic followers they will give the same problems. The flank angles are too high so I found almost no power under 5K rpm but plenty over. The cams can be reground to give even more lift and the right profile for hydraulics.

anyone used GTR cams in the RB25DE head with the 3L bottom end?

looking into this now, they will fit but with a weld and regrind should be pretty good accompanied with some adjustable cam gears, just weighing up whether to do this or get some poncams!

why not spend the $450 odd for a tomei exhaust cam for an rb20det head (like 264 with 9.0mm lift) Staright fit, no welding. Depends on what u want out of the power band as to what specs u need im sure, so what results would the gtr cams bring in over the std 25 cams? Not much or alot?

why not spend the $450 odd for a tomei exhaust cam for an rb20det head (like 264 with 9.0mm lift) Staright fit, no welding. Depends on what u want out of the power band as to what specs u need im sure, so what results would the gtr cams bring in over the std 25 cams? Not much or alot?

still looking into it, theres a guy on calaisturbo.com that does weld and regrinds and has a really good rep! I'd rather get a full set of cams rather that just the one. This is the message he sent me!

Re: cams

If you want a small improvement without changing anything the best bet is to give me some GTR cams and I can grind them to hydraulic spec to suit your motor. This will add about 10 degrees and 1mm of lift to your car as it is now. Cost is about $220 to grind the cams that you supply.

He said there isn't as much to gain using the 25de non vvt cams!

Still looking into it, still getting my head around all the 'degress' and 'lift' etc cam talk, don't wanna jump into anything until i understand it more and work out the best value for money!

Cost is about $220 to grind the cams that you supply.

He said there isn't as much to gain using the 25de non vvt cams!

You said camsssssss... Being $220 for 2 sticks to be reground? If so thats not bad...

What do you mean by the second bit... isn't as much to gain using the 25de non-vvt cams. Is that compared to the regrind or the std rb26 cams?

You said camsssssss... Being $220 for 2 sticks to be reground? If so thats not bad...

What do you mean by the second bit... isn't as much to gain using the 25de non-vvt cams. Is that compared to the regrind or the std rb26 cams?

i can't remember exactly but something about the gtr cams having more meat or more area to grind/weld makes them better for a weld and regrind

it is $220 for both cams!