SAU Community

don't be soft, im sure that gt40 u've got strapped to the side would like a fair bit of boost if it had its way

i kinda left getting the adapter plate a lil late, going to take 2 weeks until i can get the engine back in and runnin, sigh

Stocky,

The base map is designed to max out the injectors with anything more than near stock airflow levels.

A better indication is what the airflow is reading, so... What does it read? :(

Maxing out the std airflow meter depending on dyno is anywhere from ~185rwkw+, after that it gets leaner as the motor ingests more air but is unable to increase fueling as it simply doesn't know.

Mine was on 4.98v @176rwkw, AM-Performance is seeing 187rwkw and it always snags 5.115v (max).

beats me man - i've got a Q45 and it's hitting load point 18 at 5800rpm or so, haven't watched it all the way to redline yet.

next time i go for a drive i'll get it to record the peak voltage on the AFM, see what it gets to. seat of the pants tells me it's making above 200 at the wheels. would be interesting to see what the mixtures are doing on a dyno with it right now, see how close it is to going bang at the top end.

Nice...

Bl4ck32 runs a Q45 and making ~218rwkw hits load point 17. :)

So a fair indication. I'd think its going lean up top, it would have to be. :S

Its probably not pinging due to the big turbo allowing the motor to breathe nicely. :)

no hint of it loosing traction in 3rd as u are sudjesting it would have instantly pulled more than 5000 rpm and there was no hint of movement in the stering wheel.

with light switch power deliverys 1nce they are on they are on and especialy when u get wheelspin they instantly find the lost of traction and exploit it.

no hint of it loosing traction in 3rd as u are sudjesting it would have instantly pulled more than 5000 rpm and there was no hint of movement in the stering wheel.

with light switch power deliverys 1nce they are on they are on and especialy when u get wheelspin they instantly find the lost of traction and exploit it.

depends on what you class as "loss of traction". i was being liberal with the term i guess, as what was actually happening there in third was that i was getting a bit of wheel skip under power through the turn, and had to back off. no way i'm going to stay into it doing 130+ around a turn like that, not a chance. in 2nd it really turns the tyres, especially if you're trying to go up a hill :s

Hey people

Did a bit a research and confused the f**k out of myself

Im in the prosses of building the 30det, ive got most of the parts and in the prosse4s of rebuilding the 30 bottomn end.

With the oil restrictors im unsure of the sizes to use 1.5?? and where can i get them from. Every where i look has become NLA :S

Hey people

Im in the prosses of building the 30det, ive got most of the parts and in the prosse4s of rebuilding the 30 bottomn end.

With the oil restrictors im unsure of the sizes to use 1.5?? and where can i get them from. Every where i look has become NLA :S

Any know of a store either online or in melb that stocks the tomei restrictors???

Hey people

Any know of a store either online or in melb that stocks the tomei restrictors???

aaron from Sliding performance (Slide on the forums) just got me some tomei restrictors .. he can get them and send em direct to you. the only other place i know that has them is hi octane in parramatta in Syd

Edited by Craved

Hey people

Make one, piece of brass rod and drill a hole in it. Simple.

Look at the table I posted, it shows what size hole to drill for each application.

:happy: cheers :D

Edited by Sydneykid

from memory i think we made ours out of ally bar, turned down to 6.10-6.15mm for a tight fit. I think the actual hole size is 6mm, that sound right SK? Only built the motor 3-4 months ago, i got a shocking memory... :D

from memory i think we made ours out of ally bar, turned down to 6.10-6.15mm for a tight fit. I think the actual hole size is 6mm, that sound right SK? Only built the motor 3-4 months ago, i got a shocking memory... :rolleyes:

Yeah i was contemplating turning it down out of some ally but i didnt know the fit needed weither it had to be a fair press fit or just a nice snug fit.

The 3-4 weeks wait didnt bother me because ive still got to get alot of parts and build alot of things, so ive got all the time in the world

Ive decided to go on with turning them up on the lathe later tonight. Now to the part where ive confused the f**k out of myself with, Ive gone over the post by sydneykid earlier this year

"On the circuit race cars we take a 5 step approach in controlling the amount of oil that is trapped in the cylinder head and/or blown into the catch can;

1.Block off one oil feed in the block (RB26’s have this standard)

2.Fit an appropriately sized restrictor to the other feed. The size of the oil pump is one of the determinates for the size of the restrictor, ie; a high flow, high pressure pump needs a smaller restrictor. Constant higher RPM needs a smaller restrictor etc.

3. Fit an external oil return from the rear of the cylinder head to the sump

4. Drill out the oil return galleries in the head and block

5. Machine around the oil return galleries to facilitate access for the oil "

any one care to ellaberate, because ive become complently blank

much apreciated

Kris

Ive decided to go on with turning them up on the lathe later tonight. Now to the part where ive confused the f**k out of myself with, Ive gone over the post by sydneykid earlier this year

"On the circuit race cars we take a 5 step approach in controlling the amount of oil that is trapped in the cylinder head and/or blown into the catch can;

1.Block off one oil feed in the block (RB26’s have this standard)

2.Fit an appropriately sized restrictor to the other feed. The size of the oil pump is one of the determinates for the size of the restrictor, ie; a high flow, high pressure pump needs a smaller restrictor. Constant higher RPM needs a smaller restrictor etc.

3. Fit an external oil return from the rear of the cylinder head to the sump

4. Drill out the oil return galleries in the head and block

5. Machine around the oil return galleries to facilitate access for the oil "

any one care to ellaberate, because ive become complently blank

much apreciated

Kris

which part of that dont you get would make it easier to answer

IMGP0830.jpg

is borrowed from thread

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=129655

they are the rear drains