SAU Community

hey people about to start building a rb30det unsing s1 33 rb25 head, well proengines in canberra is anywayz, just after some quick advice on the fuel system, will be runiing a link ecu with map sensor and a gt35R hi mount with ext wastegate ect, the motor is been built with a fair bit of power in mind :laugh:

enough for 300+ probably more around the 350 mark,

will a bosch 044 mounted intank do the job? and if so does anyone know of a guide for fitting one cos i know there a fair bit of a biatch been bigger than the 040...

and secondly injectors i've read on this 550cc seem to do the job but would anyone recommend slightly bigger than that for 350kw? i know theres a method to figure it out but i'm not a mechanic harry lol

yeah did the search to begin with, geez i'm not stupid of course i did the search first lol but yeah so much shit comes up when you do and all i basically found was recomending 550 for ppl running 300kw chance are i'll have more than that hopefully (fingers crrroooossssssseeeeeeddddddddd :laugh:)

just thought i'd grab some up to date live info from those in the know

well seeing as all aftermarket injectors are priced the same no matter what size, go for some 700-800cc ones, caus the last thing u'd want is get some 555's and go to tune it and find its running on 100% duty

Have you looked at any other ecu's apart from the link there are better alternatives.. not a real fan of link most of the cars we get in with links leave with a motec lol

just personal opinion i guess

If you go so big be sure to grab a set of twin or quad squirters.

Injectors so large atomize fuel badly resulting in poor fuel economy at low rpm.

that's y i went for the SARD 800cc dual nozzle, should give me enough fueling

i thought the sards are 850cc? or are they 800's?

Weve half fitted the water/methanol injection and got a to4z on the way. haha all these threads and people going on about to4z's and how good they are, plus the figures seem to be there. So hopefully here comes 600bhp with no knock :blink: very very big smiles.

i thought the sards are 850cc? or are they 800's?

Weve half fitted the water/methanol injection and got a to4z on the way. haha all these threads and people going on about to4z's and how good they are, plus the figures seem to be there. So hopefully here comes 600bhp with no knock :angry: very very big smiles.

nah the SARD's are 800's with a twin nozzle

how do u go about traction on the track with that sort of power?

traction...weve only got 500bhp atm and it doesnt exist. starts are shit, but when your moving its fine. Ive found so far that foot control and patience is a big thing. Flat to the floor doesnt always work as well as you might think.

But were still working it all out. It will get better.

Shane are you coming to the next track day on nov 28...cause i will be attending that, so if your there come and have a look at the car, or if your car is ready perhaps i can have a look at that :pirate:

nah the SARD's are 800's with a twin nozzle

how do u go about traction on the track with that sort of power?

if you don't mind me asking what sort of cost were they??

and where'd ya get them from