SAU Community

Hey fancy seeing you in these neck of the woods. :D

AM-Performance is about to drop an aftermarket plenum on his within the next week or two.

Sky30 pushed 312rwkw through his r32 rb25de head running the stock exh. manifold and stock inlet manifold/plenum.

Thats the highest I know of on the R32 RB20/25 style plenum.

what kind of plenum as they are pretty limited for the r32 design. id be very keen to see how it goes. PS i plan on breaking that SAU r32 record in a few months time

what kind of plenum as they are pretty limited for the r32 design. id be very keen to see how it goes. PS i plan on breaking that SAU r32 record in a few months time

Unless it is running an RB20 then its not an R32 :( I think a std RB20 can get the R32 into the 11s...you will need a good gearbox and clutch though...and be a good steerer

What record is that if you dont mind me asking?

A rb20 that gets a r32 into the 11's would be fun to drive on the streets???? Can you say LAG???

A standard vl would punish you from a rolling start at medium revs and out of nearly any corner!!! Torque wins races but thats just what I have heard!! ahaha

back to your small bores newbie ahahaha

Edited by Fitzpatrick Speed Works

A rb20 that gets a r32 into the 11's would be fun to drive on the streets???? Can you say LAG???

A standard vl would punish you from a rolling start at medium revs and out of nearly any corner!!! Torque wins races but thats just what I have heard!! ahaha

LOL...yeh, whatever. If my car can run mid low 12s then a bloke that can drive with a good clutch could run an 11.999 :P

And that torque quote? Shouldnt it be Talk wins brag races, as im not sure what race you are all gunning for :O

With properly suited gearing and diff ratio it wouldnt really matter, as long as you can keep it in the rev range.

nothing wrong with rb20's, just not worth doing up to the extent that you will run 11's when you can have a car with a much higher average power due to the fact it is a greater displacement, that will crack the same times and be far far faster on average on the streets. As an example I have built a rb20 in a vl for a mate has 240rwkw and doesnt hit boost till 4500RPM and drives like a piece of crap the rest of the time sure its fast but in a stock gtst through the windies i can punish him, it takes a good driver to keep a big car like that always above 5g, you eventually get caught out!!!!

Roy your car is not the norm on the r32 rb20 front how much developement has your car seen over the years, and if you drove a r32 with a rb30 in it with the same level of mods even you would be impressed!!!

My car is a std motor with an off the shelf turbo setup that has been well tuned...thats it. I have some bits laying around for a new motor, so leaning on the std 20 at the moment. What will you give me if it runs an 11 :P (i doubt i will go close :D )

This thread is a good read with some info have taken on board.... though i will never succumb to the RB30..its akin to sleeping with your older lazier cousin just because she is easier then the fresh new thing down the street :(

This thread is a good read with some info have taken on board.... though i will never succumb to the RB30..its akin to sleeping with your older lazier cousin just because she is easier then the fresh new thing down the street :P

LOL... Funny as

The older lazier cousin has been around a bit so we all know what gets her going. Thats half the fun isn't it?

thing is, i NEED the engine back in in 2 weeks, caus it's entered in autosalon :(

do u know if he's got it fixed now? and if so what he did

but im sure daniel will be able to help me out though

hrmm interesting

I'm not going to speculate, best off having a chat to daniel to see what the G.O is. I'm just really disappointed because the engine's been built for 7 weeks now and the sump is all that is left to do.

There seems to me to be some great inconsistancy's with the GTR sumps.... I have one here that I fitted last night and all the holes where perfect except the very back 2 were out about 1.5mm. I grabbed another sump and the 2 that shane has pictured were out.( not that this is a problem as shanes 2 need drilling out as per the instructions and you will easily get that to line up)... I also have mercury saying that none of theres fit on a project they are working on, however the sump they are trying to fit has been heavily welded with an custom extension and I believe it wasnt done with the sump bolted to the block and thus has warped the sump, we are talking precise measurement it wouldn't take much!!!

When I first started these plates they were just pilot holes and people had to drill them to size, countersink them and tap them, this was to try in attempt to rid these inconsistancy's, however people where struggling understanding how things went so it was easier for me to do these things for them. Although I still run into differences from person to person. Now, the plates stay the same and as mentioned some people have problems with one bit, others with other bits; if it were consistantly the same thing I could easily fix the problem but its not... this makes it very hard, because if I change the design based on one persons issues, it throws it out usually for the next person adn this has been the experience I have had over the last few months, to fix this I have gone back to an original design that I have personally fitted to 5 cars. If you measure all the bolt spacing you will notice they are spot on exactly the same, I have done this in an effort to split the difference, even though sometimes measureing the sump they are different from sump to sump, doing it all the same spacing as per measurements splits the differences,then each individual case can modify to suit. AS a note the sump holes are at 10.8mm drill them to 12mm there is plenty enough meat there,with this done I am sure there will be wiggle room so they will all line up.

Not having a go at anyone just answering some questions with logical explanations, and getting this response out there, as AM performance never even told me he had issues, telling others that arent the source wont get any problems fixed but obviously he used his ingenuity and the issues were sorted. Remember the method I use to fit them is not the be all and end all and that it is a sytem that requires some engineering and mechanical experience to understand, and a process that need some hands on mods in most cases to make work, that said I am striving to make it as simple as possible and am happy to fix problems that become consistant, which I have in the past and am happy to do in the future. Shane any oterh issues let me know mate only to happy to have a chat with you.

Cheers

Daniel

Edited by Fitzpatrick Speed Works