SAU Community

202-4207 to suit RB26...

Yeah i will fit it out with the arp gear down below. Better safe than sorry :)

awesome, exactly what i've done :P

it's going to be interesting to see how long my bottom end hangs together for with the 8000rpm abuse :(

I was going to cap my rpm around the 7000 mark. I will wait and see how the turbo goes and see what the engine builder reckons as well. I felt bad revving my RB20 to 8000rpm... I just don't like big revs.

With those cams and if you run a shorter runner plenum it will most definitely want to keep making power past 7k well in to 8k. :(

I have the std GTR plenum.. ok i may be willing to rev to 7500 then :P

pfft....if it keeps making power...why not try for 9?

I reckon the new motor will see atleast 8500rpm......im drooling.

Are you serious ?? Holy crap :P

Might get those rods for security.

With those cams and if you run a shorter runner plenum it will most definitely want to keep making power past 7k well in to 8k. :action-smiley-069:

mine has std cams and inj, with a pfc and exhaust, and R34 N1s, and was still climbing at 7000 when we stopped it. 267 rwks @ 10psi.

all you need is to not run an internal oil pump. 7500 internal, if external go 8 or 8.5 if it keeps making good power. If power dies off, then no point running the extra rpm obviously.

+1 for dry sump :action-smiley-069:

mine has std cams and inj, with a pfc and exhaust, and R34 N1s, and was still climbing at 7000 when we stopped it. 267 rwks @ 10psi.

I've found the biggest influence over where peak power lands and how power holds after peak is to use a shorter runner plenum the the std rb25 item. i.e GTR. Already being a gtr head = ftw.

Even the Rb25 head with its std cams is able to makes its peak close to 7000rpm and holds power basically flat without drop off until a shade over 7000rpm then by 7500rpm its begins to smoothly drop off.

Std runners/plenum power peaks and then drops off hard.

Mine with the port matched inlet and plenum, port matched exhaust manifold, mildly ported r32 rb25de head, valve deshroud and gt30 .82 iw made its peak 268 @ 6000rpm 15.5psi BUT it does drop off fairly hard after that. By 7000rpm its making 252rwkw. So 16rwkw over 1000rpm.

No point reving past 7000rpm BUT it does pull to 7000rpm comfortably.

Yes. :action-smiley-069:

With peak landing at 6000rpm I'm fairly happy with that so first up is a set of cams and then exh manifold and WI. :P

BUT.. I am running the GT3076 so it will most likely run out of air. They have pushed 320rwkw ish before so with WI I'd hope I could squeeze another 30rwkw out of it.

Surprisingly no boost creep BUT I do have next to no preload placed on the actuator to make use of all its travel. As a result the actuator is super lazy but it still makes good power in the early rpms despite. With the boost controller on it with my current tyre setup third gear was useless from 60km/h. :S So some work in that department also.

We found that descent suspension really helped...going from jap teins to Sks setup, some good shocks and matched springs really helped reduce wheelspin and got the power down. Suspension that actually lets the car squat can make all the difference even with poor rubber.

Looks like your well on the way to power town mate.

Joel you forgot to PM me the dyno results, and to give me a brief update :rolleyes:

Just reading what you have posted sounds awesome!!!

what is WI ?

Michael: What Teins did you have? I have just changed my suspension from "Hot Bits" to Tein-Super Streets (from Fulcrum-revalved for Aus. roads/conditions) with EDFC.

shit...i cant remember...they were your usual imported crappy shocks with super super super super stiff springs. For some reason 'HR' is sticking in the back of my mind, if that means something, possibly model or type. I think it even had street written on the sticker somewhere. Worst suspension ive ever seen.

Al....wi is codename for people in the know around here...those who have used it or are planning on using it. haha its water injection :rolleyes: Sorry i had just finished the bourne ultimatum before i came on..haha

Edited by r33_racer

TEIN HR are the height adjustable setup from a few years back - Jap spec run about 12kg springs

im running the HA with the damper adjust - super stiff with that range springs ... too stiff but still usable

chris i can assure you that for circuit racing they are by no means usable. Even with semi slicks or full slicks...hopeless.

Wait a sec...our teins had the damper adjustment screw on top too...maybe they were HA??? But they were also height adjustable.

chris i can assure you that for circuit racing they are by no means usable. Even with semi slicks or full slicks...hopeless.

Wait a sec...our teins had the damper adjustment screw on top too...maybe they were HA??? But they were also height adjustable.

Yep i understand that completely - HA are height and damper adj.

never had as much trouble shifting weight than with these things, but i had tannabe's in prior to these that were just as bad or worse.

been tossing up between the new super streets from Tein or the shocks and springs in the SK package.. cant decide :D (need new strut tops either way and the SK package dont supply them :O )